Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys there a lot of rumours around these days, that the UFC wants to hold two shows in Europe in October and November. Does anybody from you guys know more about this?? :confused:

UFC 120 would be in England with possibly Dan Hardy on the card and Bisping would face the winner of Wandy/Akiyama in the O2 Arena in London. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_121

UFC 121 would be the second event in Germany http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_121. And guess where guys :) the rumour says Oberhausen :thumb02: thats just around the corner for me^^ and it's very close to the Dutch borders as well.

And now fasten your seatbelts!!! The German Event shall included the Title fight between Vitor Belfort and the winner of Silva/Sonnen.

I tell you what guys, if this turns out to be true and Anderson would be fighting Vitor, I would be the first guy who buys a very very expensive Ticket^^

But if somehow Sonnen is able to beat Anderson and he actually fights Vitor on this Card.. I am going to the next do-it-yourself store and buy me a CORD!

·
Registered
786 Posts
If Sonnen defeats Anderson it's going to be the worst thing that could happen to 185.

I could see him going undefeated at 185 in the UFC in lay-and-pray fashion thanks to the cage. Nobody has any TDD in this weight-class...might as well have GSP move up to fight Sonnen for the title.

·
Cheeky freak of the week
1,646 Posts
Any idea why they are going with Oberhausen, I don't have any numbers but there must be like 20 bigger cities in Germany no? For the first time over I reckon they would go with a big city like Berlin, Munich or Hamburg.

Anyway, great to see the UFC expanding to Europe. Might even try to go to the one in London. Hopefully there are an Arsenal game on the same weekend. That would be heaven.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any idea why they are going with Oberhausen, I don't have any numbers but there must be like 20 bigger cities in Germany no? For the first time over I reckon they would go with a big city like Berlin, Munich or Hamburg.

Anyway, great to see the UFC expanding to Europe. Might even try to go to the one in London. Hopefully there are an Arsenal game on the same weekend. That would be heaven.
I can't really answer you that question. It's not a unknown Arena here thats for sure. The WWE was there as well some years ago. And a lot of big Popstars play there too. But maybe it's also because it's very Central. You have Holland just around the corner, France not to far away and Belgium.

The Arena has place for 13.000 people!

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Yeah still no sign of another Irish show :( I asked Chuck Lidell and he says he has no idea, but for some reason he'll be in Ireland in July, so I'm gonna stalk him then.

·
Registered
816 Posts
im never impressed with the names on the English cards :/ so i never feel like paying so much to go might have to travel to Germany tho xD

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Damn it! Oberhausen is too far away for me.´I hope that oberhausen is just a roumor and the will do it in Hamburg.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Denmark is quite a long travel. 500km or something I guess :confused02:

but even English fans don't have such a long travel to make it either.
No, it is probably the closest the UFC has ever been to Denmark.

But a Copenhagen event would rule:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts