1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The full list of disclosed UFC 195 payouts included:

Robbie Lawler: $500,000 (no win bonus)
def. Carlos Condit: $315,000

Stipe Miocic: $120,000 (includes $60,000 win bonus)
def. Andrei Arlovski: $250,000

Albert Tumenov: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
def. Lorenz Larkin: $36,000

Brian Ortega: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Diego Brandao: $36,000

Abel Trujillo: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
def. Tony Sims: $12,000

Michael McDonald: $40,000 (includes $20,00 win bonus)
def. Masanori Kanehara: $14,000

Alex Morono: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Kyle Noke: $26,000

Justine Kish: $20,000 (includes $ win bonus)
def. Nina Ansaroff: $10,000

Drew Dober: $26,000 (includes $13,000 win bonus)
def. Scott Holtzman: $12,000

Dustin Poirier: $84,000 (includes $42,000 win bonus)
def. Joseph Duffy: $20,000

Michinori Tanaka: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Joe Soto: $20,000

Sheldon Westcott: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Edgar Garcia: $10,000

Now, the usual disclaimer: The figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not include money paid by sponsors, including the official UFC Athlete Outfitting sponsorship program pay. They also do not include any other “locker room” or special discretionary bonuses the UFC oftentimes pays. They also do not include pay-per-view cuts that some top-level fighters receive.

For example, as previously reported, UFC officials handed out additional $50,000 UFC 195 fight-night bonuses to Lawler, Condit, Miocic and McDonald. Lawler and Condit earned “Fight of the Night” awards while Miocic and MacDonald picked up “Performance of the Night” honors.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/01/ufc-195-salaries-lawler-500k-condit-315k-earn-top-disclosed-payouts

·
Super Moderator
8,141 Posts
Also, heres the sponsorship payouts.

Robbie Lawler: $40,000

def. Carlos Condit: $30,000

Stipe Miocic: $5,000

def. Andrei Arlovski: $15,000

Albert Tumenov: $5,000

def. Lorenz Larkin: $10,000

Brian Ortega: $2,500

def. Diego Brandao: $5,000

Abel Trujillo: $5,000

def. Tony Sims: $2,500

Michael McDonald: $5,000

def. Masanori Kanehara: $2,500

Justine Kish: $2,500

def. Nina Ansaroff: $2,500

Drew Dober: $2,500

def. Scott Holtzman: $2,500

Alex Morono: $2,500

def. Kyle Noke: $5,000

Dustin Poirier: $15,000

def. Joseph Duffy: $2,500

Michinori Tanaka: $2,500

def. Joe Soto: $2,500

Sheldon Westcott: $2,500

def. Edgar Garcia: $2,500

Total = $172,500

Reactions: onip69

·
Super Moderator
8,141 Posts
Wow, the #2 HW contender makes some nice sponsorship cash in the Co-main event - not.
But

But

But...

He gets some sweet Rebook gear thrown in.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Poor Stipe!

No wonder he is going mad about getting his title shot, it seems that's the only way for him to make any half decent money!

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
Didn't know Lawler gets paid. Condit for some reason striked me as an 80/80 type of guy so 300+ is pretty nice as well. :D

·
It's a league game, Smokey
8,258 Posts
I can't wait till the day I earn about $125,000 and get "poor Clyde".
For real. Stipe doesn't deserve a cent more than he got. I may be bitter, but I am clear headed enough to know that 75% of UFC viewership are not standing around the water cooler talking about "that Stipe Miocic guy" (perhaps they are now?). As awkward as his post fight rant was for us 25%ers, this might be exactly what Stipe needs to do to get paid.

·
Godless Heathen
4,145 Posts
LOL @ $172K total pay on a PPV for "sponsorship".

Seriously, that shit is beyond ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
I can't wait till the day I earn about $125,000 and get "poor Clyde".
I didn't even see his purse tbh. I was referring to the sponsorship pay. Something horribly wrong with the system when the #2 Heavyweight is getting $5k. But yeah $125,000 is decent bank for 2 1/2 months work! :thumbsup:

·
It's a league game, Smokey
8,258 Posts
LOL @ $172K total pay on a PPV for "sponsorship".

Seriously, that shit is beyond ridiculous.
Ya now that is some BS. If every fighter wears the gear there should be a higher entry level. Paying Stipe 5gs to wear Reebok in the co-main event of a full fledged ppv is ridiculous. Stipe's salary is fine, though.

·
The 55%
16,526 Posts
It's kind of a shame for the UFC. The deal has brought ZERO positives and a LOT of negatives. You can see from the salaries here that the UFC is paying pretty damn well these days but you see guys in the thread zeroing in on Reebok. If only they hadn't made such a stupid deal they might have been able to get a bit of positivity out of money.

Meh. It's a layered thing we'll rarely know anything about. Brendan Schaub earning what the likes of Joseph Benavidez and Joey Beltran thought was an insane amount, that Fear The Fighter or something group not paying fighters. Maybe in 10 years we'll look back on the deal more positively. As it stands, it just seems wall to wall stupidity.

·
Administrator
15,544 Posts
Good stuff. Top guys like Condit/Robbie making big money, guys like Arlovski/Stipe getting paid too.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Yeah it's been a long time since I looked at the fighter purses after an event and thought they were unfair. The UFC does seem to be paying the fighters a fair bit better in that respect.

I'd like to think in hindsight Dana, the fertitta's and the the other UFC higher ups would have gone a different direction if they knew what they know now.

The UFC definitely looks a more polished professional sport with the fight uniforms, it's something they had to do. I just think the Reebok deal was the wrong deal, at the wrong time, with the wrong company. It seems no one at Reebok knows anything about the sport or fighters they are sponsoring and while $70mil seems a lot I think if the UFC had held off they could have more than doubled that and been able to line the pockets of the fighters a bit more appropriately.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Had they¿ How many other single player sports allow the athletes only uniforms from one specific sponsor or only one specific sponsor overall¿
They didn't necessarily have to go with the one specific sponsor but they definitelyn needed to tighten the clothing guidelines. I don't agree with Dana on many things but he was right when he said for them to be taken more seriously as a sport the flaming skulls and dragons and people dressed up like walking billboards had to go.

·
The 55%
16,526 Posts
I actually don't really care about they "professional look". At the end of the day we're watching fights like Robbie Vs Condit, this isn't a classy sport. I don't really mind if they are wearing their own shorts or they have sponsors on them. If anything, the few occasions where you have guys like Anderson, Chuck, Tito, Cejudo who had their own shorts was pretty cool.

For the Reebok deal to have worked, the minimum the guys should have been making is 20k. I mean the bottom guys. This is the UFC, the biggest possible stage for these guys to showcase their brands. Some fighters made less than 20k before, some fighters made much more, but 20k is a considerable amount of money that they would get for absolutely nothing and pretty much covers every expense one might have as a professional mixed martial artist.

When we used to wait for the deal out I was like "Lads, you's know the UFC got themselves to this point yeah? I hardly thing they're gonna shoot themselves in the foot with horrible publicity. The deal will work out". You have to wonder what the plan even is. What does the UFC or the fighters get from all of this?

·
Super Moderator
8,141 Posts
What does the UFC or the fighters get from all of this?
Not sure about the fighters but for the UFC it was all about being validated as legitimate sport by having a world famous brand sponsor them - even if they are not in the same league as Nike and Adidas.

It cost them a total of 172k to sponsor the last event. You've got to think that it's a steal to have every athlete and team member kitted out in your gear for the weigh-ins and fight night. Especially when a middle of the pack fighter like Schaub could command 200k from sponsors.

·
The 55%
16,526 Posts
Not sure about the fighters but for the UFC it was all about being validated as legitimate sport by having a world famous brand sponsor them - even if they are not in the same league as Nike and Adidas.

It cost them a total of 172k to sponsor the last event. You've got to think that it's a steal to have every athlete and team member kitted out in your gear for the weigh-ins and fight night. Especially when a middle of the pack fighter like Schaub could command 200k from sponsors.
Well like I said before people like Joseph Benavidez even sacked his manager when he found out that Schaub was earning that cause he said he's never got anything even close to that. I think he said the Reebok deal was one of the highest he would earn ironically.

I don't get why having a brand legitimises you. Is Nascar illegitimate? Is boxing illegitimate? I think the fighting legitimises it. I know there's a whole business side to that but just in logic, which I think is underrated in business, I don't see how Reebok making the uniforms makes stuff legitimate. WWE is bigger than the UFC and often wrestlers have their own gear they got from their own sources.

Yeah that's a massive steal, I get what Reebok gets out of it haha. I think the bad press the deal has got does more harm to the UFC's legitimacy than it does boost it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts