Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at it this way.

If GSP beats Hughes, Hughes, naturally, is going to get a title shot, in 2007 for the "trilogy".

If Jeff Monson beats Sylvia for the title, naturally, Sylvia will get his rematch as well for the "rematch".

If Frank Mir beats Brandon Vera that'll basically sell Mir to be the #1 contender, in a rematch with Sylvia for the "rematch".

When Franklin gets his title shot, and if he beats Anderson Silva, naturally, Silva will get his rematch for the "trilogy".

If Tito Ortiz beats Chuck Liddell, naturally, Liddell is going to get his rematch in the "trilogy".

Even if Liddell beats Ortiz, sometime in 2007 I guarentee Ortiz will make his way up to the top again in a weak weightclass and it'll make for the "trilogy".

If Arlovski goes on a tear in 2007 and Sylvia is a the reigning champion, it'll be time to SETTLE THE SCORE ONCE AND FOR ALL for the fourth time.

If Arlovski beats Sylvia in the fourth encounter, it'll then be equal at 2-2, and then they will FINALLY settle the score once and for all and break the tie.

If Forrest beats Jardine and after that a tough opponent naturally he MIGHT be the #1 contender, if Ortiz is the reigning champ at that time, it'll be time for the "rematch".

:eek: Lord help us!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Some of those rematches would be good to see like Georges St. Pierre vs Matt Hughes, Mir vs Sylvia, Franklin vs Silva, Arlovski vs Sylvia, etc. I'd like to see some of them but not all if those situations arise.

·
Registered
583 Posts
asskicker said:
Hughes/Penn 3 could happen too

Ya that's one I'd love to see. I'd definitely say that B.J. Penn would win because he was dominating Hughes until the rib injury.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am sure quite a few of those fights will happen. Hopefully we will se some new blood in the UFC, it would be nice to see some Pride vs UFC, but I doubt it will happen, unless Don King steps in.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
They do so many Trilogys because they dont have nearly enough good fighters to challenge for the belt. Heavyweight division sucks, LHW has Chuck and Tito, Bisbing and Rashad on the rise. Middleweight is poor with only Franklin and Silva. Wealterweights is the best with Hughes, GSP, BJ, Diego, Karo, and guys on the rise like Kos and Fitch.
LIghtweights are growing to be a good division.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.