Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Title Guy
16,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Briefing
The controversial former NFL star is coming off his second loss but the most important fight of his career. He stepped up on late notice to fight Alexander Volkov who is in a different league to all of his opponents so far, but he hung in there for three rounds against the elite and long striker, which is a priceless learning curve.

De Castro has only had six pro fights but fought three times last year. His last outing was back in October and it was his UFC debut which he marked in spectacular fashion. He took on fellow heavy-hitter Justin Tafa in Australia and short circuited him with a devastating right hand.

The Breakdown
What both men lack in technical ability, they make up for in raw power. If either of them connect clean, one of them is getting put to sleep. Hardy has the athletic edge and is continuing to evolve drastically at American Top Team.

Do not be surprised if De Castro catches Hardy to extend his unbeaten record. But Hardy has a fire under him as he pursues his new career and is expected to enter the octagon with more tools, which may include getting De Castro to the ground and finishing him with strikes.

The Prediction
Winner: Hardy via KO/TKO

Don’t forget to check out my site: Stitched Up and check me out on twitter @StitchedUp_Blog

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Two counter punchers could be a formula for a lackluster fight.

AKA Israel Adesanya vs Yoel Romero 2.0.

Nice format change btw.

·
The Title Guy
16,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually if you look at it this is from our first newbie in a long time so that's why there was a format change because it's not my work. I just posted it here for him.

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Be happy that someone reads what you publish enough to notice a format change.

I know you wouldn't notice a change in anything I did, as you don't bother to listen to anything I say.

Its all good though. I don't expect anyone to take anything seriously.

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Two counter punchers could be a formula for a lackluster fight.

AKA Israel Adesanya vs Yoel Romero 2.0.

They started fast. Then fell into the counter puncher habit of trying to make the other guy overcommit / overextend so they can get their counter off.

If I follow MMA in 2021 I might track statistics of how many counterpuncher vs counterpuncher match ups were exciting vs polar inverse opposite. Et al.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts