Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
UFC 61 was great, the only fight I thought was a little boring was Sylvia vs Arlovksi. Tito and Ken was awsome, I loved it because most people forget how devastating Tito can be, nobody does that to Shamrock. Tito countered Kens punches, took him down and beat the shit out of him. The stoppage was right on point. Stevenson and Edwards was awsome. But the best part was Sylva getting in the octogan with Chuck, that is gonna be insane. And about the Sylvia vs Arlovski fight even though it wasnt action packed it was still a good fight, very technical standup by both fighters and for those two huge men to fight for 5 rounds is a testament to their will and athleticism

·
Registered
178 Posts
The announcement of the Silva v Chuck match was good. Same as knowing Chuck is against Babaloo at 62.

If you like/hate either Tito or Ken you'll be happy with the stoppage because you know it means more *****ing and moaning and ultimately the 3rd match in November. Tito has said he'll do it and I have trouble believing Ken won't want some after the 1:18 fiasco.

Edwards v Stevenson was awesome. Joe looks FAST at 155, a totally different guy since we last saw him.

I'm one of the few people who wanted Silvia to win both times (60/61) so for me I was happy with that. These two will NEVER have a great match but AA once again failed to do the right thing. In 60 it was not following in and finishing Tim, leaving himself open, and this time it was his almost total failure to try to take him down or keep up with the inside knee kicks which were beginning to make Tim's left leg a mess.

Not a classic ppv, in terms of quality of matches, but then with grudge matches I'm not sure it was ever going to be pretty. I guess everyone heard Tito saying he was going to have to be pulled off of Ken, so they picked Herb because he does sometimes err on the side of caution, rightly or wrongly, and stop a fight that maybe could go another hit or two. I know people will moan about the stoppage but Ken did virtually NOTHING to defend his face and Tito kept hitting him. Anyone with an ounce of knowledge would have to agree it had to be stopped, despite the fact he was barely marked and popped to his feet as soon as Tito was pulled away. I'd have loved to have seen the Franca fight, but glad he won all the same, and also Jeff Monson.

Guess the Snowman gets Sylvia next.

The only major disappointment for me was Mir. I know he has had a tough way back, but he seriously needs to switch camps and get some better training, he was gassing withing the first two minutes or so and I REALLY want to see him back to his old dominating self one day. The decision was always going in his favour but it could have gone either way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I thought that bitter rivals was a pretty bad card. The tito/ken fight ended a bit early and was quick. The hw title fight went 5 rounds with both fighters really not stepping in and engaging. The josh/josh fight was pretty good, a lot of action. The joe/yves fight was pretty good. The mir/sandman fight was pretty bad, both fighters were gassed after rd. 1. I thought the best part of the card was the suprise of wand coming in to fight chuck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts