Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia versus former champion Andrei Arlovski.

UFC 61 Bitter Rivals, Saturday, July 8 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Sylvia, 30, won the title at UFC 59 on April 15 by getting up off the mat to stop Arlovski at 2:43 of the first round. The 6-foot-1, 265-pounder floored the “Pit Bull” with a right hand and quickly pounced with a flurry of punches, forcing the stoppage.

The 6-4, 240-pound Arlovski beat Sylvia in February of 2005 in a mere 47 seconds, forcing a submission with an ankle lock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll go with Sylvia. I think it could go either way, but tim showed tremendous heart in the last fight. He's on a mission to win.:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Although it's so close I probably wouldn't bet I think that the Pitbull has more ways of winning, the last time they fought Arlovski made a tacticul mistake and came in wide-open after he knocked Sylvia down. Arlovski needs to keep his composure and fight a smart fight.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I'd throw my hat in the ring on this one, but the odds aren't really that good for either of them. You can't bet the heavy favorite and expect to win and you can't pick the underdog and make big bucks for nothing. This is the only problem with evenly matched fights.

I'd take arlovski. He's fierce.

·
Always Has Been, Always Will Be...
6,847 Posts
Sylvia. By TKO, Second round, strikes. 500 bucks says so.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wanna say Arlovski in the first round by KO because of that thunderous right hand we seen at UFC 59: Reality Check, but I think he will win by TKO/Strikes in the first round.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Sylvia looks focused

Hello All,

I've got to say, Tim looks focused. He's confident, and expects to win.

He showed a lot when he got right up off the canvas and went on to stop Arlovski just moments after it looked like he'd be counting the lights in the ceiling.

Vegas is buzzing about this one. They're excited. If you can get out here, join us. It's electric.

I'll give a full report at UltimateFightingChampionship.com

And I'll post here as well.

See ya' at ringside.

Sylvia, 2nd. round stoppage

Never Tap,

Ray Mardo

·
"Minotauro" Nogueira
496 Posts
I put my point on Sylvia. This should be a very exciting match and I think Sylvia can take it again this time. I don't care who wins I just what them tearing eachother apart.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Didn't anyone see last time at UFC 59? Arlovski let Sylvia win, he wanted him too. After Sylvia won Arlovski was just laughing and didn't feel any pain. Arlovski wins when he wants to. This time he probably wants to because he requested a final rematch. It will end in the first round this match for sure. Every match between Arlovski and Sylvia ends in the first round. Every Arlovski match is short. Every Sylvia match ends in the first round. Arlovski TKO first round 1:00-2:00 time span maybe is what I'm predicting here.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Tim looks pretty lean. Could he be juiceing again? I don't believe the story that he didn't know he was using steroids. I think arloski will take it this time via submission.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i dont see this being a very good fight..i i know there is no such thing as luck in mma..but sylvia got as lucky as u can get witht that phantom uppercut..arlovski is clearly better in every aspect of the sport, i see this fight being a lil different than the first two..look for both fighters to be a little more cautious and look for arlovki to catch tim with a quik barage of punches in the 2nd round followed by a few finish him strikes on the ground...arlokski tko 2nd round..and u can bet on that...i did

1 - 19 of 19 Posts