Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UFC 62 CHUCK LIDDELL VS RENATO SOBRAL

UFC 62 Discussion of the Chuck Liddell vs Renato Sobral bout.

Because of the high-level of attention this one-fight will be receiving, I decided we could have a separate sticky "OFFICIAL" thread for this one fight.

Bet on this fight:
Liddell vs Sobral Betting

Discuss away!

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Ill will deff pick the iceman too. I can see this fight bein like the liddel horn fight. UNless babalu changed his game plan and wants to come out swinning, which i doubt he will. But either way hopefully this is a good match.. GO CHUCK

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
Chuck Liddell by a landslide. I don't care where the fight goes. Whether it goes the distance, or to the ground, or standing. Chuck Liddell wins. I promise. Probably in the second round, due to KO.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
I don't know. Everyone knows how fighters evolve over time. Granted, Liddell is a BEAST in the stand up game, and yeah - one shot will put you to bed. But, Babalu is on a 10-fight win streak, 10 fights - that a lot in a row to win guys...and not to mention, he is a snake on the ground, with GREAT submissions. So this bad boy could go either way to tell you the truth. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can't wait for this one! Babalu has been on a tear lately and has looked really good. Chuck is going to cause a lot of trouble for him though. If Randy could not get Chuck down and keep him down in their last two fights, I don't see Babalu doing it either. That is going to lead to a tko win for Liddell.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Alot of you dont give Babalu the respect he deserves, he has very dangerous standup he has a great submission game and he is always well conditioned, if Chuck doesnt come prepared it could be a very bad night for him.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
i dont see this fight going much different thatn the 1st one...but i hop e chuck isnt lookin ahead to wandy, cuz thats a mistake..babalu is too good to look past..if chuck got his head on strait he 'll win by tko in the 3rd round

·
Registered
178 Posts
Babalu is one of the few who I hope won't be scared to take him down. This is the match i wanted to see and have been screaming for - Babalu all the way baby :)

·
Banned
110 Posts
Where is moldy? :laugh:. He'd probably ban all of you right now for saying Chuck is going to beat Babalu by a landslide lol. I think Chuck will win in the second round TKO. All of Babalus fights have ended on the ground by submission. Chuck has never been put to the ground since UFC 43 and also has never tapped out in his whole career. Babalu is screwed again.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
What makes me mad is no one is giving renato a chance. All they talk about is when chuck beats him he fights wand. What if he loses. Chuck isn't unbeatable. I think renato will win.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Confrontation said:
Where is moldy? :laugh:. He'd probably ban all of you right now for saying Chuck is going to beat Babalu by a landslide lol. I think Chuck will win in the second round TKO. All of Babalus fights have ended on the ground by submission. Chuck has never been put to the ground since UFC 43 and also has never tapped out in his whole career. Babalu is screwed again.
You guys are all lucky i'm in a good mood or ban. Massive bans. LOL

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Go Babalu!!!!

I love the match up. Should be a great fight if Babalu's chin can hold up. The problem with taking Chuck down is that you have to absorb SO MANY shots on the way in. It seems that if he is taken down, nobody can keep him there long enough to work the submission. Someone mentioned earlier that Chuck has never tapped but Horn sure did put him to sleep. Granted, that was a long time ago before Chuck knew how much his chin could take. I think Babalu is strong enough on his feet that he should be patient for his take downs. I like the fact that Chuck never seems as if he is just "defending" the title, like Sylvia over AA, but rather is always the aggressor.

·
Registered
794 Posts
i kinda smell a boil over here. History often tells you some upsets can be ripe for the taking. Chuck has been living the good life, hasnt fought in a while and maybe could be looking past Babalu. Babalu is very very good and given enough of a chance he could easily win.

Their last fight means nothing anymore. I hope Chuck wins but i just aint sure.

·
Registered
77 Posts
OMG Liddell is gonna hand Babalu his @ss on a silver platter. And I'm really hoping he does cuz then i wanna see Liddell get his @ss handed to him by Wanderlei ' the aze murderer" Silva. LoL thats what i can't wait for. Picture it the pride middleweight champ and the ufc lightheavyweight champ, sweetness.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Wombatsu said:
i kinda smell a boil over here. History often tells you some upsets can be ripe for the taking. Chuck has been living the good life, hasnt fought in a while and maybe could be looking past Babalu. Babalu is very very good and given enough of a chance he could easily win.

Their last fight means nothing anymore. I hope Chuck wins but i just aint sure.
I agree with everything but chuck winning. I think he will look past babalu towards wanderlie. Bad idea.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts