Administrator
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UFC 62

CHUCK LIDDELL VS RENATO SOBRAL

Saturday August 26
Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas

LIVE UFC 62 RESULTS thread

I wonder who they will be setting up for fights in 62, can they top UFC 61 ?

Its a bit of a ways away, but does anyone have any predictions as to who you think we will see ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
My Predictions

I think we will defintely see Chuck Liddell fight, I think it is possible to even see Forest fight also at this PPV. There is also a good chance we will see Karo Parysian. My hopeful prediction card;

Liddell v. Babablu
Evan Tanner v. David Terell 2
Mike Swick v. Nate Marquardt or Nate Quarry
Sean Sherk v. BJ Penn or Karo Paysian
Forest Griffin v. Dean Lister, James Irvin , or even Bisbing ( which I doubt )
Brandon Vera v. Paul Buentello or Kevin Jordan ( don't really have much to choose from )
Diego Sanchez v. Sherk , Penn , or Parysian
Justin Eilers v. Assuerio Silva or Brad Imes
Spencer Fisher v. Melvin Guilliard

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
a few rumors that are floating around

UFC 62: AUGUST 26 IN LAS VEGAS

-Chuck Liddell vs. Renato "Babalu" Sobral
-Sean Sherk vs. Kenny Florian (for the vacant UFC Lightweight Title)
-David Loiseau vs. Mike Swick
-David Terrell vs. Anderson Silva OR Nathan Marquard

·
Registered
123 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
a few rumors that are floating around

UFC 62: AUGUST 26 IN LAS VEGAS

-Chuck Liddell vs. Renato "Babalu" Sobral
-Sean Sherk vs. Kenny Florian (for the vacant UFC Lightweight Title)
-David Loiseau vs. Mike Swick
-David Terrell vs. Anderson Silva OR Nathan Marquard
Junk rumours!

Florian won't fight in August, it is too early for him and for Silva...
I seriously doubt Loiseau will be fighting in August either maybe in September... They would put Silva v. Loiseau if they were fighting same PPV, more ratings...

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I started the idea of Fisher/Guillard after UFC 60, remember, I said it first.

Why is it too soon for Silva to fight? It's not like he lost alot of energy in his fight with Leben.

If I have to watch Liddell kill Babalu again I'll go nuts. Can we at least get Randleman back to fight him? That I would like to see.

·
Registered
123 Posts
IronMan said:
I started the idea of Fisher/Guillard after UFC 60, remember, I said it first.

Why is it too soon for Silva to fight? It's not like he lost alot of energy in his fight with Leben.

If I have to watch Liddell kill Babalu again I'll go nuts. Can we at least get Randleman back to fight him? That I would like to see.
I will tell you why Silva will not fight in August. UFC is going to push for Loiseau and Silva in September. Your right he didn't spend too much energy beating the hell out of Leben, but they are going to give him time to train for the fight against Loiseau.

NO, I don't remember you saying anything about Fisher and Guilliard after UFC 60. Because, I have only been on this forum for a week.

I have to disagree with the Vera thing, Vera hasn't fought anybody that good. He fought Eilers, Scherner, and Assuerio Silva. I don't think he going to be the next big thing anytime soon. Because, he will not get any better if they keep matching him with guys like that. Vera will win until they match him with A.A or Sylvia.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think Bisping vs. Hamill needs to be settled first. Who was the best?

Vera should not be fighting then. Maybe UFC 64. But it needs to be a top heavyweight. He has breezed through the weaker heavyweights. Maybe a Monson, Mir, or Ricco. I think Ricco vs. Vera would be great.

Vera will win until they match him with A.A or Sylvia.
WOW!

Brandon would own Silvia on the feet, and crush him on the ground. He has superior skills on both playing feilds. Silvia should be more scared of Vera than A.A. only because Vera has more discipline to make the fight go HIS way rather than making the big mistake.

He has K-1 kickboxing skill, Abu-Dabi Jiu Jitsu skill, and more discipline to stick with either since Marco Ruas. Wait and see...

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
2 things.. One There was a show on spike the other night about the upcoming event. I think Shamrock looked very ready more so then he has been for a fight in awhile.. granted I caught just a couple minutes of it.. and 2.. same night on the Best Damn sports show.. They were showing some pride fights.. I caught Shamrock vs someother guy started with a T and ASain guy. Shamrock won with about 25 seconds left in the first round.. how long ago was this? Bas Rutten was a commentator..

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Don said:
2 things.. One There was a show on spike the other night about the upcoming event. I think Shamrock looked very ready more so then he has been for a fight in awhile.. granted I caught just a couple minutes of it.. and 2.. same night on the Best Damn sports show.. They were showing some pride fights.. I caught Shamrock vs someother guy started with a T and ASain guy. Shamrock won with about 25 seconds left in the first round.. how long ago was this? Bas Rutten was a commentator..
Oooh, you're in trouble!
The kids better have been asleep when you had that crap on my tv. If I catch you trying to watch that mess with the kids around you're going to wish it was a professional fighter whooping your butt. :mad:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Miranda said:
Oooh, you're in trouble!
The kids better have been asleep when you had that crap on my tv. If I catch you trying to watch that mess with the kids around you're going to wish it was a professional fighter whooping your butt. :mad:
You were out with Ari At TT's and Aidan was asleep in my arms after eating.. and I only got to watch part of the show I did not even know it was on until I was flipping through the channels and stumbled across it..

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
moldy said:
Might have been Takaku Fuke. He fought him in 93
I think the name was Tasuka big guy kinda baldish looking.. Ken looked really good in the fight both guys did though ken looked better layed him out with a flurry of punches right at the end of the 1st round..

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Don said:
You were out with Ari At TT's and Aidan was asleep in my arms after eating.. and I only got to watch part of the show I did not even know it was on until I was flipping through the channels and stumbled across it..
I figured that's when it was Don. No wonder you hadn't done crap by the time I got home. Too busy watching fights and playing online. I've told you I don't know how many times not to put that crap on the tv. Looks like you need a lesson in listening. :mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
where is randleman and quinton jackson. its a good move by the ufc to get wanderlia in the game because when chuck went to japan he got killed. he couldnt even get to wand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mat hammil vs. bisbing does have to be settled! does anyone know when gsp will fight hughes again? why did gsp take on coaching gig for ultimate fighter 4?

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
I heard Loiseau .vs. Anderson Silva but it won't be until the PPV with Wanderlei and Chuck if that fight happens at that PPV not in August. If Loiseau were to fight Swick he would murder him like he did to McCarthy. Loiseau and Anderson both have the same style of game and it would be neat to see them fight each other.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts