Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
My Predictions

I think we will defintely see Chuck Liddell fight, I think it is possible to even see Forest fight also at this PPV. There is also a good chance we will see Karo Parysian. My hopeful prediction card;

Liddell v. Babablu
Evan Tanner v. David Terell 2
Mike Swick v. Nate Marquardt or Nate Quarry
Sean Sherk v. BJ Penn or Karo Paysian
Forest Griffin v. Dean Lister, James Irvin , or even Bisbing ( which I doubt )
Brandon Vera v. Paul Buentello or Kevin Jordan ( don't really have much to choose from )
Diego Sanchez v. Sherk , Penn , or Parysian
Justin Eilers v. Assuerio Silva or Brad Imes
Spencer Fisher v. Melvin Guilliard

· Registered
123 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
a few rumors that are floating around

UFC 62: AUGUST 26 IN LAS VEGAS

-Chuck Liddell vs. Renato "Babalu" Sobral
-Sean Sherk vs. Kenny Florian (for the vacant UFC Lightweight Title)
-David Loiseau vs. Mike Swick
-David Terrell vs. Anderson Silva OR Nathan Marquard
Junk rumours!

Florian won't fight in August, it is too early for him and for Silva...
I seriously doubt Loiseau will be fighting in August either maybe in September... They would put Silva v. Loiseau if they were fighting same PPV, more ratings...

· Registered
123 Posts
IronMan said:
I started the idea of Fisher/Guillard after UFC 60, remember, I said it first.

Why is it too soon for Silva to fight? It's not like he lost alot of energy in his fight with Leben.

If I have to watch Liddell kill Babalu again I'll go nuts. Can we at least get Randleman back to fight him? That I would like to see.
I will tell you why Silva will not fight in August. UFC is going to push for Loiseau and Silva in September. Your right he didn't spend too much energy beating the hell out of Leben, but they are going to give him time to train for the fight against Loiseau.

NO, I don't remember you saying anything about Fisher and Guilliard after UFC 60. Because, I have only been on this forum for a week.

I have to disagree with the Vera thing, Vera hasn't fought anybody that good. He fought Eilers, Scherner, and Assuerio Silva. I don't think he going to be the next big thing anytime soon. Because, he will not get any better if they keep matching him with guys like that. Vera will win until they match him with A.A or Sylvia.

· Registered
123 Posts
TreyB said:
So, are these fight still rumored to happen?

Sean Sherk vs. Kenny Florian

David Terrell vs. Anderson Silva / Nate Marquardt

David Loiseau vs. Mike Swick
I know that Swick is fighting in September. And like I said before, I wouldn't look for Silva or Florian to fight in August @ UFC 62 because they just fought the end of June. People do not understand that fighters need time to heal and train, that is why you only see them fight every 3 months or so. UFC is not going to put their fighters at risk like that making them fight every month or 2 months. It's not going to happen. Terrell v. Marquardt is the most likely fight you have on here. Dana has already said that his plan was to have Silva and Loiseau fight at UFC 63 the same event as Hughes v. St. Pierre. You might even see Florian and Sherk fight each other, but it won't be until at least UFC 63.

· Registered
123 Posts
adminmma said:
Looks like Forrest Griffin Vs. Stephan Bonnar on the card. :thumbsup:
This match is also setup in Vbookie for everyone to bet their MMAForum points on. :thumbsup:

Name: Forrest Griffin
Height: 6.3
Weight: 205
Record: 12-3-0

Name: Stephan Bonnar
Height: 6.3
Weight: 205
Record: 12-2-0
After the showing that Forrest put on in the 2nd - 3rd against Ortiz, I think Forrest wins this fight TKO or Decision. Forrest should still have great confidence even though he lost close decsion to Ortiz. Bonnar on the other hand is a tough and can hang in there, but I don't think his skills have really improved much since TUF1. He lost in my opinion to Jardine, but the judges gave it to him. Evans just dominated Bonnar all 3 rounds, slamming him at will. The fight with Rashad has crippled Bonnar's confidence, but this is MMA and anything can happen. IMO Forrest wins...

· Registered
123 Posts
I have been hearing that Terrell will be fighting on the UFC 62 card against Yushin Okami. Yushin making his UFC debut. Also, I found this and hopefully should stop the rumors about Florian fighting for the Lightweight Championship.

"For quite some time, UFC was preparing to resurrect the UFC Lightweight Championship at the August PPV. Based on recent outcomes, Sean Sherk and Kenny Florian emerged as the likely contenders for the vacant belt.

News has recently emerged, however, that Florian will not be participating on the card. He, in a story that's been discussed on numerous message boards, feels he needs more training and opted out of the fight.

Thus, Sherk is presently without an opponent. It remains to be seen if UFC can secure another fighter for the UFC 62 PPV."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.