Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

· Registered
809 Posts
Whats the next fight for Tito from here....i recall him signing a 3 fight deal - win 2 and you get chucky. That aint gunna happen now for a while. So whats next for Tito at LHW ????

And whos next for BJ Penn ??? Is the prodigy still contracted to UFC - i freakin love this guy.....we need to see him soon.

I agree the crow would demolish Swick, not at a similar level at all.

· Registered
5 Posts
i dont think gsp did the show for the money because dana said tito and ken were fighting for those camaros because the y didnt get paid much for coaching. gsp is waisting his time maybe he wants more publicity/or dana wants more marketability for the rematch with hughes?

· Premium Member
4,593 Posts
So, are these fight still rumored to happen?

Sean Sherk vs. Kenny Florian

David Terrell vs. Anderson Silva / Nate Marquardt

David Loiseau vs. Mike Swick

· Registered
123 Posts
TreyB said:
So, are these fight still rumored to happen?

Sean Sherk vs. Kenny Florian

David Terrell vs. Anderson Silva / Nate Marquardt

David Loiseau vs. Mike Swick
I know that Swick is fighting in September. And like I said before, I wouldn't look for Silva or Florian to fight in August @ UFC 62 because they just fought the end of June. People do not understand that fighters need time to heal and train, that is why you only see them fight every 3 months or so. UFC is not going to put their fighters at risk like that making them fight every month or 2 months. It's not going to happen. Terrell v. Marquardt is the most likely fight you have on here. Dana has already said that his plan was to have Silva and Loiseau fight at UFC 63 the same event as Hughes v. St. Pierre. You might even see Florian and Sherk fight each other, but it won't be until at least UFC 63.

· Registered
30 Posts
flourhead said:
Arlovski fought less than 3 months after getting knocked out and both fighters looked like shit so maybe they should wait at least 4 months from now on
Excellent point.

Guys like Vera only go three times a year (4 months) for that very reason. Even short fights lead to pulled muscles, bruises, etc. Plus the prefight training can't go on all the time. Too much on the body.

· LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
5,398 Posts
Dude, i respect Vera as a good fighter as much as the next guy, but do have to mention his name every time you post something. I realize you guys both served in the military and that is cool. But come on, he wasn't even part of the conversation nor did he need to be. (NO OFFENSE AT ALL)

· Administrator
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Looks like Forrest Griffin Vs. Stephan Bonnar on the card. :thumbsup:
This match is also setup in Vbookie for everyone to bet their MMAForum points on. :thumbsup:

Name: Forrest Griffin
Height: 6.3
Weight: 205
Record: 12-3-0

Name: Stephan Bonnar
Record: 12-2-0

· Registered
123 Posts
adminmma said:
Looks like Forrest Griffin Vs. Stephan Bonnar on the card. :thumbsup:
This match is also setup in Vbookie for everyone to bet their MMAForum points on. :thumbsup:

Name: Forrest Griffin
Record: 12-3-0

Name: Stephan Bonnar
Record: 12-2-0
After the showing that Forrest put on in the 2nd - 3rd against Ortiz, I think Forrest wins this fight TKO or Decision. Forrest should still have great confidence even though he lost close decsion to Ortiz. Bonnar on the other hand is a tough and can hang in there, but I don't think his skills have really improved much since TUF1. He lost in my opinion to Jardine, but the judges gave it to him. Evans just dominated Bonnar all 3 rounds, slamming him at will. The fight with Rashad has crippled Bonnar's confidence, but this is MMA and anything can happen. IMO Forrest wins...

· Premium Member
6,069 Posts
USMCgrappler said:
I think Bisping vs. Hamill needs to be settled first. Who was the best?

Vera should not be fighting then. Maybe UFC 64. But it needs to be a top heavyweight. He has breezed through the weaker heavyweights. Maybe a Monson, Mir, or Ricco. I think Ricco vs. Vera would be great.

WOW!

Brandon would own Silvia on the feet, and crush him on the ground. He has superior skills on both playing feilds. Silvia should be more scared of Vera than A.A. only because Vera has more discipline to make the fight go HIS way rather than making the big mistake.

He has K-1 kickboxing skill, Abu-Dabi Jiu Jitsu skill, and more discipline to stick with either since Marco Ruas. Wait and see...
I THINK RICCO WOULD TO0L VERA, AND I THINK SYLVIA WOULD KO VERA AS WOULD ARLOVSKI..IM NOT KNOCKIN VERAS SKILLS CUZ HE HAS ALL THE TOOLS, I JUST THINK HE IS BETTER SUITED FOR LIGHHEAVYWEIGHT

· Registered
673 Posts
Griffen will KILL Bonner, it seems to me like bonner's fame has gone to his head a little to much. He got routed vs Rashard Evans and well...i still think Griffen is a much more killer fighter then either evans or bonner and he still hasn't been KO'd in UFC yet.

But im not sure about the LW title i know Sean Sherk's going to be in it no matter who he fights, i was thinking he might fight Spencer Fischer or Jens Pulver. Personally i'd like to see a small 4 or 8 man LW Tourniment for it, but i doubt that'd ever happened.

· Registered
565 Posts
USMCgrappler said:
I think Bisping vs. Hamill needs to be settled first. Who was the best?

Vera should not be fighting then. Maybe UFC 64. But it needs to be a top heavyweight. He has breezed through the weaker heavyweights. Maybe a Monson, Mir, or Ricco. I think Ricco vs. Vera would be great.

WOW!

Brandon would own Silvia on the feet, and crush him on the ground. He has superior skills on both playing feilds. Silvia should be more scared of Vera than A.A. only because Vera has more discipline to make the fight go HIS way rather than making the big mistake.

He has K-1 kickboxing skill, Abu-Dabi Jiu Jitsu skill, and more discipline to stick with either since Marco Ruas. Wait and see...
Tim Sylvia is a much more seasoned striker than Vera, not to mention his reach and he has far more power. Maybe Vera could take him on the ground but I also very seriously doubt that. Vera is just not big or strong enough to pose a real threat to Sylvia. Don't base your oppnion of Sylvia on his last fight, that was a do or die situation for both Sylvia and Arlovski whoever lost was pretty much done in the UFC because nobody wants to see them fight for the 4th time. Its only natural for each man to be very precautios. Vera stands no chance at either of them.

· Premium Member
4,593 Posts
I hope Dean Lister is on this card. Probably won't be...but I can hope. :thumbsup:

· Registered
673 Posts
Dean Lister's a fun fighter to watch when the fight goes to the ground, he reminds me of a big version of gracie.

But ya i dont think he's going to be on the card.

I'd guess he'd be one the next one though.

He said he's going to Middleweights so i think itd be fun to see Dean Lister Vs Joe Riggs

· Registered
123 Posts
I have been hearing that Terrell will be fighting on the UFC 62 card against Yushin Okami. Yushin making his UFC debut. Also, I found this and hopefully should stop the rumors about Florian fighting for the Lightweight Championship.

"For quite some time, UFC was preparing to resurrect the UFC Lightweight Championship at the August PPV. Based on recent outcomes, Sean Sherk and Kenny Florian emerged as the likely contenders for the vacant belt.

News has recently emerged, however, that Florian will not be participating on the card. He, in a story that's been discussed on numerous message boards, feels he needs more training and opted out of the fight.

Thus, Sherk is presently without an opponent. It remains to be seen if UFC can secure another fighter for the UFC 62 PPV."

· Registered
673 Posts
I realize not everyones a sean sherk fan like me. But i honestly think with the strength of Sherk and the wrestling skills i think he'd beat florian.

Just my opinion, but im also a HUGE sean sherk fan.

· Registered
2 Posts
The Unknown Canadian

GSP will tare through UFC like a wicked shit storm.Ive seen little talk of this phenomenal fighter,One comment was that he cant speak english .Hmm very observant. I'm here to praise my fellow Canadian GSP,and go on record to say "Matt Hugh's, enjoy the very few remaining days left as chump.Oh sorry champ
Canada Rocks eh

· Premium Member
298 Posts
i82lose said:
GSP will tare through UFC like a wicked shit storm.Ive seen little talk of this phenomenal fighter,One comment was that he cant speak english .Hmm very observant. I'm here to praise my fellow Canadian GSP,and go on record to say "Matt Hugh's, enjoy the very few remaining days left as chump.Oh sorry champ
Canada Rocks eh
Were you at your English lesson the last time Hughes and GSP fought in the Octagon? Let me recap. Hughes didn't break a sweat and sent your "phenomenal fighter" back to training camp. For the record, I think GSP wins this time. He is a great fighter and I can't stand Hughes.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.