Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am confused how Rich Franklin makes ONLY 21K for his flight....these guys get away with robbery. Any ideas? These are so low

UFC 63 Fighter Salaries
Event took place on September 23, 2006 and aired on pay-per-view

Title Match & Main Event Fighters

-Matt Hughes: $130,000 (defeated BJ Penn)

-BJ Penn: $50,000 (lost to Matt Hughes)

Main Card Fighters

-Jens Pulver: $30,000 (lost to Joe Lauzon)

-Rashad Evans: $24,000 (defeated Jason Lambert)

-Mike Swick: $14,000 (defeated David Loiseau)

-Melvin Guillard: $10,000 (defeated Gabe Ruediger)

-Jason Lambert: $9,000 (lost to Rashad Evans)

-David Loiseau: $9,000 (lost to Mike Swick)

-Joe Lauzon: $6,000 (defeated Jens Pulver)

-Gabe Ruediger: $3,000 (lost to Melvin Guillard)

Preliminary Match Fighters

-Tyson Griffin: $14,000 (defeated David Lee)

-Jorge Gurgel: $10,000 (defeated Danny Abaddi)

-Roger Huerta: $6,000 (defeated Jason Dent)

-Danny Abaddi: $5,000 (lost to Jorge Gurgel)

-Eddie Sanchez: $4,000 (defeated Mario Neto)

-Jason Dent: $3,000 (lost to Roger Huerta)

-Mario Neto: $3,000 (lost to Eddie Sanchez)

-David Lee: $2,000 (lost to Tyson Griffin)

Disclosed Fighter Payroll for UFC 63: $332,000

UFC 64 Fighter Salaries
Event took place on October 14, 2006 and aired on pay-per-view

Title Match & Main Event Fighters

-Anderson Silva: $50,000 (defeated Rich Franklin)

-Sean Sherk: $22,000 (defeated Kenny Florian)

-Rich Franklin: $21,000 (lost to Anderson Silva)

-Kenny Florian: $8,000 (lost to Sean Sherk)

Main Card Fighters

-Cheick Kongo: $20,000 (lost to Carmelo Marrero)

-Jon Fitch: $20,000 (defeated Kuniyoshi Hironaka)

-Spencer Fisher: $20,000 (defeated Dan Lauzon)

-Kuniyoshi Hironaka: $6,000 (lost to Jon Fitch)

-Carmelo Marrero: $6,000 (defeated Cheick Kongo)

-Dan Lauzon: $3,000 (lost to Spencer Fisher)

Preliminary Match Fighters

-Yushin Okami: $12,000 (defeated Kalib Starnes)

-Clay Guida: $6,000 (defeated Justin James)

-Kalib Starnes: $5,000 (lost to Yushin Okami)

-Kurt Pellegrino: $4,000 (defeated Junior Assuncao)

-Junior Assuncao: $3,000 (lost to Kurt Pellegrino)

-Justin James: $3,000 (lost to Clay Guida)

Disclosed Fighter Payroll for UFC 64: $209,000

·
Tim Sylvia Sucks
965 Posts
i guess this is why dana white cant get any good fighters to join UFC. he doesnt pay them hardly anything and only $21,000 for throwing a fight.(im being sarcastic about the last part)

·
Registered
364 Posts
it's really weird how carmelo beat kongo and got paid alot less, wow the ufc does pay poorly :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have no simpathy for these guys who fight and ***** about the money.and u shouldn't either their men that came to fight and they know what their getting paid beforehand.let them earn it work their way up..rich did throw the fight hell who wouldn't for that pay off under the table

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Why did Jens Pulver get paid $30,000 dollars and Joe Lauzon only $6,000? That's retarded! It should be the other way around considering Lauzon knocked Pulver out?

·
Registered
243 Posts
because nobody knows Lauson and he did not deserve that at the time.maybe a couple of proven fights.if u pay everybody great in the start nobody will work...just like the real world earn your ****ing keep

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know RF hasn't had as many quality opponents as Matt or Chuck but come on... He was the 'Champ'

In what sports do you know a 'champ' making less than the challenger? WTF. Now I am really pissed.

Champ should always make more than challenger. He is making about the same as Spencer Fisher? No disrespect to Spencer but he is no 'champion'. WTF that is serious robbery.:mad: :mad:

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
Also, after looking at this I came to the conclusion that Chuck Liddell is the highest paid champion in the UFC! Anderson Silva made $50,000 for defeating Rich Franklin, Matt Hughes got paid $130,000 for beating BJ Penn, Tim Sylvia mentioned at one time he got paid $90,000 a year, and Sean Sherk got paid $22,000. At UFC 62 Chuck Liddell got paid $250,000 for knocking out Babalu. One of the most luckluster fights of this year and he got $250,000! Why?

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
I just posted all this yesterday!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Bonnar426 said:
Also, after looking at this I came to the conclusion that Chuck Liddell is the highest paid champion in the UFC! Anderson Silva made $50,000 for defeating Rich Franklin, Matt Hughes got paid $130,000 for beating BJ Penn, Tim Sylvia mentioned at one time he got paid $90,000 a year, and Sean Sherk got paid $22,000. At UFC 62 Chuck Liddell got paid $250,000 for knocking out Babalu. One of the most luckluster fights of this year and he got $250,000! Why?

Because chuck liddel is a household name. People who haven't even seen a mma fight know who chuck is. You have to remember, is not about who's best, it's about who puts the butts into chairs in the arena and sells ppv and endorsements.

·
Registered
794 Posts
theres something seriously wrong with that payroll,,,,,rich to get crap wages for a title fight....find that hard to believe.

Hope he got a least 200k to throw it !!!!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
/\/\etallica said:
these are disclosed playrolls I bet UFC gives them alittle more then what was posted.

Doubtful, Zuffa would make a bigger payday as public as possible.

As for unknwon fighters, they should start asking for ridiculous win bonuses. Lauzon deserved 6K to fight pulver, but he should have had a 15K bonus for actually winning the fight. These fighters need to learn how to negotiate. Getting by on 60K a year is not easy, in fact I think its going to cost franklin his entire paycheck to fix his face.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
these contracts are mad long before the fight ever happens, and if u win u get paid double, forinstance if pulver won he would have gotten 60,000..and lauzon would have only gotten 3,000

·
Registered
32 Posts
I find this whole UFC pay thing rather bizarre - I know the major fighters get taken care of very nicely due to them getting a share of PPV revenue but from what i gather UFC are on the whole stingy with the cash.

From the figures ive seen the UFC organisation makes a fair bit of cash, certainly more than Pride does as a whole - but Pride on average pay their fighters better!?!

It seems to me UFC could settle this whole Pride Vs UFC shite once and for all - by upping the pay of the lower ranked fighters a bit, wouldnt have to be huge to make a big difference (thus encouraging more up n comers) and poaching Prides best fighters by offering them top dollar. The UFC would then offer not only the prestige factor but would deliver financially too which in the long run = death of Pride. From what i gather there is definitely money in the kitty to help finance this and even if its not totally there, getting people like Fedor and Henderson across could only boost PPV revenue and sponsorship revenue.

Or maybe im missing something........??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts