Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who will be the UFC Welterweight Champion after UFC 63?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UFC 63: Hughes vs. Penn - Live from the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA on PPV at 10:00 PM est.

Since this is now official I would love to be the first to make this sticky an official thread. Now that Chuck remains the champ the old Hughes vs. Penn thread is getting pushed back very quickly from all the responses to recent threads about Chuck and Babalu (and jdun11 :laugh: ). And I am much more interested in this matchup so I wanna hear more opinions. I can't say I know BJ Penn is going to win, because Matt is so good, but I sure HOPE he wins! I think BJ's got what it takes to beat Matt if he doesn't gas. I just watched the BJ Penn vs. Georges St. Pierre fight again for about the 12th time yesterday and I still think BJ didn't deserve a loss on his record for that fight. GSP is a beast but BJ won imo. If anything it could have been ruled a draw. But BJ didn't look his best during that fight either which is exciting to think about if he comes into the fight with Hughes at his fullest. I think BJ will be your new UFC Welterweight Champion come September 23.

Other fights rumored to be on this card are:
David "The Crow" Loiseau (14-5-0) vs. Mike "Quick" Swick (9-1-0)

Jens "Lil Evil" Pulver (21-6-1) vs. Joe "J-Lau" Lauzon (13-3-0)

Jason Lambert (22-5-0) vs. Rashad Evans (8-0-0)

Melvin "The Young Assassin" Guillard (20-5-2) vs. Gabe Ruediger (10-2-0)

Let's start the arguing!

·
The American Psycho
6,945 Posts
I hope BJ Penn wins! I'm tired of Matt Hughes winning all the time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts