Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Samurai Files
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out the InDemand website for future MMA events and when I checked out the UFC 66 page it says the running time is 3 Hours 58 minutes. Also on the MMAWeekly.com rumor page it says UFC 66 will be 4 hours. This is news to me, so sorry if this has been discussed. Good job by the UFC, giving the fans more bang for their buck!

source:iN DEMAND Networks and www.MMAWeekly.com

·
Registered
509 Posts
I always thought they should just play the PPV right through, even the prelim fights they tend to exclude

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
SlammedSL1 said:
I always thought they should just play the PPV right through, even the prelim fights they tend to exclude
yeah no shit, fpr 40 bucks we should get to see alot more..they main reason they are have on e or two fights in the prelim you want to see is so you will join the on demand thing on their website..(which was my idea to make it monthly btw i have the e-mails between me and this guy ed muncy that handles website issues) thats why i think they do it though. so you'll spend more money to see the fights you couldnt watch, and if you dont join the website and you want to see the prelims you gotta get the dvd. its all about the money.

·
Banned
4,466 Posts
I hope it starts no later than 8 or 9 then. I doubt there will be more fights or anything, just a lot more annoying talking that I can't hear anyways since it is so loud in the place we go to.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Very nice. Can't wait to see it. Hopefully they air all of the preliminary fights.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
untaken_moniker said:
Sweet! It's shaping up to be quite the card so it'd be awesome to see as many fights as possible.
hahah nice pic chuck doing the tito thing :laugh:

·
Registered
808 Posts
The prelim fights are just that. pre fights. They get X amount of air time. If the main card fights are shorter than they allow for (they don't go the distance) they show prelims depending on how much time they have. If you really are whining about not getting to see prelim fights, then buy a ticket and watch it live. we get our moneys worth without them. If you think you get screwed, then don't watch it.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Well its not that easy to just pack up and head to Las Vegas or California for every pay-per-view. I dont see why it just cant air at like 8 or whenever the prelims start.

·
Registered
52 Posts
asskicker said:
Well its not that easy to just pack up and head to Las Vegas or California for every pay-per-view. I dont see why it just cant air at like 8 or whenever the prelims start.
It may very well have to as Pride fights are cheaper on PPV, competition will force the UFC to fork over more for less. I love capatalism!:p

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
asskicker said:
Well its not that easy to just pack up and head to Las Vegas or California for every pay-per-view.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I agreed with Rockbass about getting our monies worth. It ends up being about 5 bucks a person for me but DAMN! Telling people they can drive to Vegas or Cali and watch it live....thats harsh!:laugh:

·
Registered
428 Posts
ROCKBASS03 said:
The prelim fights are just that. pre fights. They get X amount of air time. If the main card fights are shorter than they allow for (they don't go the distance) they show prelims depending on how much time they have. If you really are whining about not getting to see prelim fights, then buy a ticket and watch it live. we get our moneys worth without them. If you think you get screwed, then don't watch it.
Who is this Clown?! Get Lost.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
asskicker said:

I think it has something to do with how much time the cable company gives them for a certain amount of money. It probably comes down to a simple business equation to maximize earnings. I doubt Dana would have a problem showing prelims if they were profitable to show.

You always have to remember that the UFC is a business, and money is the answer to most questions posted on this forum. It's hard to see that being a fight fan, but really the boys in the back room are there to make as much money as possible.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Grabaka said:
I was checking out the InDemand website for future MMA events and when I checked out the UFC 66 page it says the running time is 3 Hours 58 minutes. Also on the MMAWeekly.com rumor page it says UFC 66 will be 4 hours. This is news to me, so sorry if this has been discussed. Good job by the UFC, giving the fans more bang for their buck!

source:iN DEMAND Networks and MMA WEEKLY - Your #1 Source for Daily MMA News, Interviews, Multimedia, and More
Off-topic but I figured you might like this photo, warming up it looks like

Attachments

·
Banned
4,466 Posts
ROCKBASS03 said:

Just kidding, but seriously, I didn't hear anyone say they weren't getting their moneys worth??? All I read was people wishing they could see every fight and I'm one of them. A lot of time people look forward to some of those fights because it includes their favorite fighter. Look at some PPV's, like the Tim/AA 3 fight, that was soooooooooo boring and some of those prelims could have made up for it. If I could pack up and go to Vegas every month I would, but come on now, that would be a LOT of money when I could get a better view from watching it on the screen at home. Isn't most of the prelims happening while we have to watch that same pre-fight countdown 30-40 times before the PPV starts, why not show the fights then???

·
The Samurai Files
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Punishment 101 said:
they are always listed from 10-2
on satellite there is always a 4 hour block, not on cable. This event will be 4 hours, not just the block.

You can check the InDemand website yourself. UFC 65's running time is 2 hours 58 minutes and UFC 66's running time is 3 hours 58 minutes.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
screenamesuck said:

Just kidding, but seriously, I didn't hear anyone say they weren't getting their moneys worth??? All I read was people wishing they could see every fight and I'm one of them. A lot of time people look forward to some of those fights because it includes their favorite fighter. Look at some PPV's, like the Tim/AA 3 fight, that was soooooooooo boring and some of those prelims could have made up for it. If I could pack up and go to Vegas every month I would, but come on now, that would be a LOT of money when I could get a better view from watching it on the screen at home. Isn't most of the prelims happening while we have to watch that same pre-fight countdown 30-40 times before the PPV starts, why not show the fights then???
El posto perfecto amigo :thumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
asskicker said:
The prelims are not televised because you can't predict the lenght of the fight. To keep the fights entertaining, they need to have short breaks between each bout! THUS, the prelims are a good way to have extra material if a Champion bout for example, only goes one round. Then people are still getting the two hours they paid for!

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts