Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Gareth A Davies,the reporter that covers all things UFC over here in the UK, announced it on ESPN live last night and had to double check I heard right!

Gareth A Davies said:
I also reveal in the UK segment that the UFC are looking at staging the first event in Scotland early next year.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/...14-espn-mma-live-and-telegraph-tipping-chart/

As freaking awesome as this news is, I remember Dana saying somewhere they would never hold a numbered event in Scotland, but would still love to have any event, like an UFN, I just can't think of any venue suitable.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Pretty cool news for the UK. We're getting an event and a Fan Expo in October apparently too, so it could be a busy few months for the UFC in the UK. Good stuff.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Brilliant news, been waiting on this for a while now. I think it makes sense since they've had events in most big cities across the UK, but nowhere in Scotland yet.

The only place I can imagine it happening will be the SECC. Has the largest indoor capacity and everything in place to put a show such as the UFC on is already there. It isn't too dissimilar to the MEN / Metro Arena in Newcastle.

It would be a shame to only make it an UFN, though I suppose if Dana is planning on putting out 300 shows a year around the world then they are gonna have to do stuff like this.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Not Wales makes me sad. But glad to hear they're branching out!

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts