Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
I do not think Brock would do well at first granted he is a power house. and on the ground would be able to withstand most attacks, But no clue on what type of stand up game he has. I think his strangth and power will help him fend off most ground attacks and I would probably bill him as the strongest man in MMA. plus he is a nice guy I met him once after a show when I was working in a club a few year back.. I think he should still go the football route or go back to wrestling more money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Don said:
I do not think Brock would do well at first granted he is a power house. and on the ground would be able to withstand most attacks, But no clue on what type of stand up game he has. I think his strangth and power will help him fend off most ground attacks and I would probably bill him as the strongest man in MMA. plus he is a nice guy I met him once after a show when I was working in a club a few year back.. I think he should still go the football route or go back to wrestling more money.
I think the problem is that he cannot go to another wrestling organization in North America because of his contractual stuff with the WWE. So he has been wrestling in Japan.

He could do well in the UFC if they built him up slowly and gave him the time he needs to properly cross train with the right camp. Until then he would have to simply work off of his college wrestling and his monstrous size. It should definatly be interesting to see what happens
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
Clint said:
I think the problem is that he cannot go to another wrestling organization in North America because of his contractual stuff with the WWE. So he has been wrestling in Japan.

He could do well in the UFC if they built him up slowly and gave him the time he needs to properly cross train with the right camp. Until then he would have to simply work off of his college wrestling and his monstrous size. It should definatly be interesting to see what happens

True but from what I understand he got that cleared up he is just not allowed to go to an oranization that competes directly with one of Vinces show. IE. TNA or the likes. Since BRock used his own name and vice tried to take control of that name it was disallwed in the courts that is why Brock was able to try out for the Vikings. Though I do think there are pending issues..
 

·
"Minotauro" Nogueira
Joined
·
496 Posts
I think Lesnar's standup would be really terrible and would have to work hard at improving that. He would be good on the mat, but if he can't get the takedowns he couldn't last with Arlowski and Sylvia.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
495 Posts
Yes this is what i heard 6 months back.He was suposed to fight Bob Sapp at a K-1 PPV.

Brock is an NCAA wrestling champion,He's in great shape and has been training for the past year.I can definatly see him pulling a GP on one of those fat heavy weights.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
UFC takes steroid and drug tests for their fighters and obviously Lesnar would fail to pass. I mean look at him. He would fail the way Bob Sapp did.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
495 Posts
Ummm have you seen Brock in his early days?? He was always an animal even when he won the NCAA title in college. Maybe he did do some in the past but only a moron do them when UFC is looking at you.

And that radio Hoast sucks....He is always defending himself he should be replaced.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
Eminem said:
And that radio Hoast sucks....He is always defending himself he should be replaced.
Yes, in his college days he was a NCAA champion but was sadly approached by WWE like they were pimps and he was a gigolo. He might not have taken that much steroids, he was a pretty big guy when he came to WWE. His muscles became a bit bigger as he moved on with the WWE. I don't think he would be taken steroids anymore.

And what radio host are you speaking of?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
Rush said:
Yes, in his college days he was a NCAA champion but was sadly approached by WWE like they were pimps and he was a gigolo. He might not have taken that much steroids, he was a pretty big guy when he came to WWE. His muscles became a bit bigger as he moved on with the WWE. I don't think he would be taken steroids anymore.

And what radio host are you speaking of?

as far as I know of Brock and what I have read. He does nott ake steroids I have met plenty of people at the gym who do and I met Brock in person once at a night club I worked after the show He just did not have the characteristics of a steroid user. way to calm and polite. From what I understand he has a contract with that Cell tech company and has been working with them along time now to develope his body he works with various nutruionists and such plus his workout regimine makes me sore and sick just thinking about it. I will see if I can get a copy and post it in the training section. and with the right training with his already natural athletic abality and power He could punish alot of MMA fighters who are not prepared for his extremely overwheling power.. That Tank Video is nothing compared to what Brock is supposedly capable of.
 

·
canadian champ
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Brock is no longer under contract by the wwe. He was released a while ago and started negotiations with K1. He will get killed in a stand up situation like that. But he is a amazing wrestler and will probably have a really good ground and pound.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,495 Posts
Lesnar has good ground work but would need some time to train on his stand-up game. I loved Lesnar in the WWE and wish he would go back. I would love to see Lesnar in the UFC.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top