1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BJ Penn vs Frankie Edgar
UFC 112 – 10/04/2010
Edgar wins UFC Lightweight title via Unanimous Decision

In the most recent example of substandard judging influencing the outcome of a title fight, huge underdog Frankie Edgar controversially defeated pound-for-pound lightweight king BJ Penn last Saturday night at UFC 112. While Edgar used excellent footwork and movement to keep the fight competitive, Penn clearly connected with all the power punches in the first three rounds, landing his jab and left-hook repeatedly on the challenger. Edgar did manage to take the “The Prodigy” down in rounds two and five – a feat in itself considering Penn’s outstanding takedown defence – but having done so he could do nothing to keep him there let alone inflict any damage. At best Edgar could claim to have won the fourth and fifth rounds based on an increased number of shots landed, but the judges’ scores of 48-47, 49-46 and an utterly ridiculous 50-45 in favour of the challenger simply did not add up. The outcome leaves the immediate future of the division unclear.
- By BJPENN.COM guest contributor Ben Ince
MMANEWS.COM

this is what i saw too, i feel that penn should have won this fight even though it wasnt his best performance, edgar didnt show me anything, he didnt do any damage, i just dont get it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts