Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Reem's salary for his bout with Walt Harris was around 50% lower than his normal salary.

UFC on ESPN 8 (may 16th, 2020)
Alistair Overeem: $400,000
Source: UFC on ESPN 8 salaries: Alistair Overeem significantly earns more than rest of card

UFC on ESPN 7 (december 7th, 2019)
Alistair Overeem: $865,000.
Source: UFC on ESPN 7: Overeem vs. Rozenstruik Fighter Payouts | MMAtion

Looks like Jorge Masvidal is right about 50% headliner pay cuts.

Its been said UFC operations are more expensive than usual due to them renting out entire hotels, rather than single rooms. Then there is the revenue hit on lack of gate and spectators. UFC employees and executives could also be taking pay cuts due to business being harder under corona.

Too bad no one is doing any real journalist work to figure this out, rather than creating needless drama.

·
The Title Guy
16,994 Posts
Well at least everyone is getting paid to continue doing what they usually do. It is more expensive, yes but they are coming through and paying their fighters and employees. While I maybe critical of Dana White's business practices at times, this is certainly not one of them.

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have researched more before making this thread. Hate posting questionable or inaccurate info. This entire thread could be me making a fool of myself as none of the fighters competing under corona seem to have taken any pay cuts. Overeem might be the only one. And that could be the result of him losing to Rozenstruik.

·
The Title Guy
16,994 Posts
I'd say so because the pay scales are usually based on winners and losers and the contract only pays for their base payouts. The base is dependent on stuff like records inside and outside the UFC, time spent in the UFC, stuff like that and all. So his loss bumped him down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts