Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't speak on all the fighters but I have met a few and I dont think that their stats lie.

I'm 6'3" and when I met Sylvia in Vegas he was every bit of 5" taller than me...it actually seemed like more than that.

I also met Tito and he seemed like he was as tall as me ( and his head looked like a buffalo head!! haha )

I've also met some other fighters... Joe Riggs, Mayhem, Jake O'Brien, Hector Ramirez, Razor Rob, etc when I worked for their agent Ken Pavia ( I work for another company that Ken used to own ). I'm not sure what these guys are listed at though.
You're not 6'3, that's why. Measure yourself properly. If you're 6'2, you're not 6'3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I'm 5'3 and most of the women listed as taller then me are indeed taller then me so I tend to believe them.
Hi, just for kicks look at Google images for Arlovski v Rozenstruik - Rozenstruik is listed at 6'4 and Arlovski 6'3. Rozenstruik is clearly 4 inches smaller. There are many examples of the UFC getting heights wrong, you just need to get your head from where it has gone.

·
Premium Member
6,640 Posts
Hi, just for kicks look at Google images for Arlovski v Rozenstruik - Rozenstruik is listed at 6'4 and Arlovski 6'3. Rozenstruik is clearly 4 inches smaller. There are many examples of the UFC getting heights wrong, you just need to get your head from where it has gone.
Good point. (y)

You're thinking of Rozenstruik's last fight with Alistair Overeem though. Not Arlovski.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you think the UFC exaggerates height measurements of some of their fighters because some guys just don't come off as how tall their billed height states. For ex, Hendo looks like he's 5'11 but stats sheets show Showbox him as 6'1, Nogueira who's 6'3 looked like he was about 4-5 inches taller than Hendo when they fought, Tim Sylvia looks more near 6'5-6'6 rather than 6'8 and Tito looks like he's 6'1 or 6'0 to me.

I mean has this been a known "thing" cause this would be all news to me if it was.
You mean Patrick Smith really wasn't 250-0 when he fought Ken 'Wayne!' Shamrock....:)

·
Premium Member
6,640 Posts
Dan "The Beast" Severn's MMA record needs more recognition.

Would also be interested to know if Nikita Krylov holds the record for most professional MMA fights in 1 year for that one year he got more than 10 in.

·
The Title Guy
17,007 Posts
Depends on if we include one night tournaments considering that back in the old days working multiple of those would rack up quite a number of fights in one year. As for Dan Severn I agree that he has quite a record with over 100 wins and he actually surpasses Nikita Krylov's record of 10 in one year, he had 12 matches in 2004.

·
Premium Member
6,640 Posts
Nikita Krylov did 13 professional MMA fights in 2012.

That's the record as far as I know.

·
Premium Member
6,640 Posts
No.

The way Ariel "Highway to" Helwani interviews people is like he's interrogating them at times. Asking the same question multiple times, rephrased in different ways.

Maybe Travis Wiuff competing 16 times in 2003 is the "valuable information" Ariel is searching for, when he does interviews.

·
The Title Guy
17,007 Posts
Well Ariel Helwani comes from an old school journalistic background and one of the methods to questioning in old school journalism is what sounds like interrogation. Ironically though I was also instructed in old school journalism which is not to use anonymous sources if they aren't willing to go on the record. Also report just the facts.

·
Premium Member
6,640 Posts
I'm waiting for Ariel Helwani to be photographed digging through trash bins outside MMA fighters homes, trying to get his inside scoop. Hahaha I'm kidding. I just think its funny.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts