Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
The Title Guy
18,369 Posts
Does anybody even do that nowadays? I don't think reporters are anywhere near that desperate for information considering how easy information is to access online. Ariel Helwani is usually the type who will look at stuff online before he digs through trash.

·
The Title Guy
18,369 Posts
Yeah he is a rare breed of reporter that just doesn't exist nowadays and as Dana White pointed out, the sports news outlets don't rank MMA highly so doing damage to the sport will result in their not having a job. Ariel is always about the sport first. I met the guy once and he's an extremely nice guy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This shouldn't be a surprise that UFC exaggerates a fighter's height or even weight in some cases. Accessing this information online will be pretty hard, if not impossible, in some situations. When I went with a friend to watch a match, I saw someone using Height Comparison - Comparing Heights Visually With Chart or something like that to compare the height between the fighters. I don't think he was able to figure anything out, but I understand his idea and the reason why he did it. That is rare for reporters who want to know the actual numbers because people rarely care about it.

·
The Title Guy
18,369 Posts
Well they exaggerate the fighters weight every single fight because by the time they're talking into the cage they're 15-20 pounds heavier then they were at the weigh-ins.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
Some want their opponents to think they will be heavier and taller on fight night.

Than they actually are.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts