Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LEGEND
Joined
·
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain why Cotoure was inducted into the UFC hall of fame 4 months after his retirement while Royce Gracie wasn't inducted untill like 7 years after his last UFC fight in 1996 ( I think ).

P.S. I don't think the hall of fame is crap, just think Royce should've been the FIRST one inducted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Shamrock's already in it, guess maybe they wanted to give it to Randy as a mark of respect for his career and also his input into TUF.

Not saying Gracie is not deserving, just trying to figure out their thinking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
I cant wait for coleman and frye to get in there. I didnt agree with randy getting in before them.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
110 Posts
I say put in Tank Abbott. He is the best street fighter ever to enter the UFC and his knockouts will always be remembered since they were so horrific. I'm not being sarcastic, put him in the hall of fame. No one knocked out opponents like him. Matt Hughes is a future hall of famer as well.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,708 Posts
Tank abbott def derserves to be in the hall of fame. He would fight anyone at anytime..:thumbsup: :thumbsup: for TANK
 

·
Outta My Head
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
cro.cop123 said:
I cant wait for coleman and frye to get in there. I didnt agree with randy getting in before them.
I believe they are already in there. The UFC hall of fame was put into place after Zuffa bought the UFC from SEG. SEG wasn't even entertaining the idea (heck, they were the ones in charge when UFC went dark and was banned from PPV in the US for around 16 months).

Royce was the first inductee. Shamrock was the second. From what I remember I believe they've already inducted 6 or 7 people into the HoF, but for some reason they aren't all listed on the UFC website.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,495 Posts
Onganju said:
I believe they are already in there. The UFC hall of fame was put into place after Zuffa bought the UFC from SEG. SEG wasn't even entertaining the idea (heck, they were the ones in charge when UFC went dark and was banned from PPV in the US for around 16 months).

Royce was the first inductee. Shamrock was the second. From what I remember I believe they've already inducted 6 or 7 people into the HoF, but for some reason they aren't all listed on the UFC website.
First Gracie and Shamrock were inducted then Severn. And now Cotoure is in. They are the only ones in the Hall of Fame. I think Coleman, Fry, and Abbott should be inducted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Severn should be there, I think that they should have had the tourney winners in there(minus steve junnem(sp)) and tank before randy. Just my 2 cents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
.....

Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock were inducted in to the Hall of Fame on the same night. Dan Severn was inducted in later. Randy Couture was inducted on June 24th. David "Tank" Abbot does not deserve to be in the UFC H.O.F. He wasted his career drinking beer and not training. He had an impact on the negative outlook of the UFC by critics. The fighters in the HOF are the only ones who should be in it now, and they're all deserving. Matt Hughes should have his place in there in maybe 10 years if he holds on to his title for at least 2 or 3 more years. If Frank Shamrock was willing to accept an inductee in the Hall of Fame, he would deserve it. But Frank Shamrock and the UFC management are on terrible terms.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
tank is a bum and definatley doesnt deserve to be in the hall....name one good fighter he ever beat..noone hes a friggin bum ..no way should he be in b4 randy..randy was a great champion in 2 weight classes against the elite of the sport
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
putmeonhold said:
Can anyone explain why Cotoure was inducted into the UFC hall of fame 4 months after his retirement while Royce Gracie wasn't inducted untill like 7 years after his last UFC fight in 1996 ( I think ).

P.S. I don't think the hall of fame is crap, just think Royce should've been the FIRST one inducted
Well how long have they had a Hall of Fame? Something tells me it didn't exist when Royce stopped fighting.

The next person to make it should be Oleg Taktarov.
 

·
Outta My Head
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
I could swear that I sw the PPV where they inducted Frye, Coleman and Taktarov. However, since we know that Dana White has a habit of not acknowledging anything outside of the UFC, he may not be choosing to list anyone else.

I could have sweared that he held a ceremony on the PPV when BJ beat Hughes... I'm going to have to do some digging around.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top