Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I was very excited until reading this.

The sport is currently not sanctioned in the province, and as the company continues to speak with federal leaders, in hopes to make changes to Section 83 of Canada's Criminal Code, the other issue is Ontario's Athletics Control Act.
I hope everything goes as planned, and that about a year from now I'll be at my first live UFC event!

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I think they can do a sellout, although I think this would be the biggest place they have held a event at, so it does bring up some questions. This is Toronto afterall.

UFC would need President Barack Obamas MMA debut against Brock Lesnar to sell out that place. You do know, that even in the states, they offer complimentary tickets to thousands of people?
It all depends on the card, UFC would need to put on one of the best cards of the year to sellout here. You know GSP will be on this card, He is going to start filming TUF in a few months and will be done with the season by then, its scheduled almost perfectly to fit in right after the TUF season for GSP.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't think they should have have too much trouble filling up the Rogers Centre, but I'm down for some free tickets.

You know GSP will be on this card, He is going to start filming TUF in a few months and will be done with the season by then, its scheduled almost perfectly to fit in right after the TUF season for GSP.
Of course he's going to be there, he's pretty much the MMA ambassador of Canada. One person who'd I love to see fight in Toronto is Carlos Newton, though that's not going to happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.