Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the UFC doin in order to sign new Heavyweights? Are they even tryin to go after some well known guys, they seem to just try and bring in new unknows and that hasnt really worked out yet. Guys from Pride like Heath Herring, When he left pride he was free from contract before he signed with K-1, did they even try to catch him? stuff like that.:dunno:

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The lightweight division will do alright for sure, lots of good fighters there already and if they sign guys like Ribeiro it just gonna make it even better. but the lightweight division isnt one of th ufc trouble weights, its just the hw that needs improvment like right now and nothing is happening. The guys that has expressed interst in coming to the ufc slipps away for some odd reason, even the Nogueira brothers talked about it. they have a deal with Pride now but even so, when their contracts are out, jump on em emidietly. Are the ufc gonna get bankrupt coz they sign 2 huge new Heavyweights or what?

·
Registered
794 Posts
i think your all right, the HW division is piss weak. Sylvia v Monson could be interesting, the throw in Vera, Cheick Kongo, Frank Mir - there aint too much left after these guys....Maybe they should sign Jonathan Weizork (incorrect spelling i know) !!!!

But i think Frank Mir said it best, how many guys over 6'3' have MMA ability, flexibilty and co-ordination = NOT MANY. Thats why the HW is and always will be very average.

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason Cruz survived against Monson was his reach, Monson wanted the knockout since they both are so well versed on the ground but he couldnt get in range, all Cruz did was countered. Monson came in, Cruz makes a stop push/punch with his long jab and so it went for 12 min of the fight. he will have nothing in standup against sylvia since their reach is the same. he has to take it to the ground witch like it or not isnt easy to do with sylvia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts