Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people might hate me for saying/asking this but... Should they drop it and revamp it like the 155 pound division? I feel they should. Their heavyweight division is GARBAGE and no one pays attention to it. A lot of people say Silvia couldn't beat the top 5 PRIDE HW's but I'd say even that is being nice. Fedor, CroCop, Nog, Hunt, Barnett, Sergei, and I think Aleksander could beat him as well and maybe even Shogun at the HW class. Not to mention, after his showing at Real Deal I wouildn't be at all surprised if Nastula could beat Silvia. What do you think?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And, with that, I recognise the possible promotional problems with not having an HW division, but no one pays attention to their HW division anyway.

·
Tim Sylvia Sucks
965 Posts
i think there are a few HW in UFC that can beat sylvia. none of those pride guys have fought sylvia so until they do theres no reason to talk crap. i dont like sylvia but im a UFC fan.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
I think the HW division is a little thin, but you're an idiot lol...

They shouldn't drop it. Come on now, they have AA, Brandon Vera, Jeff Monson, Frank Mir. They have some talent, sure Pride has some savage HW's, but thats just how it is. One fight company isn't going to have the best fighters in every division.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
As bad as the HW division is dropping the HW division would really hurt the company. I mean whose ever had a promotion without a HW diviosn?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And don't call me an idiot this is more or less something to discuss rather than an actual answer to a problem.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
FloorNBore said:
That's another thing, is Mir coming back anytime soon?
UFC 65: NOVEMBER 18 IN SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA
Brandon Vera vs. Frank Mir

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
FloorNBore said:
And don't call me an idiot this is more or less something to discuss rather than an actual answer to a problem.

You asked what I thought, boo hoo

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah dropping the HW division is too far. It's not as good as Prides HW division but oh well, one has to be better than the other you khnow. AA is still young and I dont think hes even hit his prime still. Vera, Mir and Monson are good as well so they arent too bad off. Dana for sure needs to sign on some nore good HWs and LHWs though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is just kinda the dry season we are in right now. As it has already been said...there are some good HW's currently competing. Who knows what will happen in the next few years. There could be 3 or 4 really good HW's working their way up on underground circuits that explode on the scene. So no....the UFC should not revamp or get rid of the HW division.

·
Registered
891 Posts
i dont think the lhw devision is in nearly as bad a shape as the hw's....i would like to see a lil fighter swapping between ufc/pride....i think mark hunt would be a good guy since hes a banger and that seems to be what alot of the hw's like to do

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Slamnbam88 said:
i dont think the lhw devision is in nearly as bad a shape as the hw's....i would like to see a lil fighter swapping between ufc/pride....i think mark hunt would be a good guy since hes a banger and that seems to be what alot of the hw's like to do

Mark Hunt is a savage, I wouldn't mind seeing him toss it up in the UFC

·
Registered
367 Posts
AtomDanger said:
UFC 65: NOVEMBER 18 IN SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA
Brandon Vera vs. Frank Mir
Sweet! I didn't know this fight was on the card. Vera is one of the only heavyweights I actually like to watch, along with Arlovski.

I guess that comment tells you what I think about the Heavyweight class. But by no means do I think they should get rid of it. Not only because of the obvious promotional problems that were mentioned, but also because there's just no need to do it.

I'm sure with the money the UFC has been seeing over the last two years (especially the last two years) they're getting to the point that they will be able to sign some big talent in the next year or so. They may even be able to steal a couple from Pride FC. Now, will they spend that money on Heavyweights? That's anyone's guess. But it's not like Heavyweights are hard to come by. Nor do they have to be particularly talented. Hell, look at Tim Sylvia. His height alone is enough to cause a skilled fighter a lot of problems. He's just a big freak if you ask me.

·
Registered
540 Posts
good post. I think this may very well have to happen. The UFC HW division has absolutly no debth. Nobody gets the PPV for the HW title shots. Why else whould every HW title PPV have such a huge co-main event? There are a few good HW but not enought to keep the UFC's HW division running much longer.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
if cro cop loses to fedor again and is thinking about leaving dana should be smart enough to jump on that and BEG him to come to ufc even if no one could beat him itd still be fun to watch him murder people :D

·
Back In Black
4,185 Posts
aznmaniac0909 said:
if cro cop loses to fedor again and is thinking about leaving dana should be smart enough to jump on that and BEG him to come to ufc even if no one could beat him itd still be fun to watch him murder people :D
Man, I would love to see Cro-Cop in the UFC. There is no one that can kick like that man. It is the scariest left leg I've ever seen.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing CroCop in the UFC, he would definatly mix things up

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
The UFC and Dana White need to scout for more HW talent. Get fighters from other organizations to make the HW division more competitive.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts