Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm so excited about UFC coming to London!

English guys Michael Bisping, Dan Hardy, John Hathaway and James Wilks are all fighting.

Plus Joe Rogan is commentating which will be hilarious.

Its good MMA has grown so popular in the UK. We might even beat some of you americans :)

·
The Fun Police
11,565 Posts
yep...same here.

Especially since all the UK posters on here have been complaining about the lack of decent Foreign fighters that we get to see as all the uk cards are always far too UK fighter heavy

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
He's just plugging his website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just trying to share something interesting with you guys. No worries. I'll shut up and stick to reading and not posting

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Welcome to the forums Steve.
The general opinion on here is that the UFC have dropped the ball a bit with 120, and the card isnt diverse enough for many.
But i'm still going and there is nothing like watching Bisping and Hardy etc in front of a British crowd! The atmosphere is nuts!

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I'm so excited about UFC coming to London!

English guys Michael Bisping, Dan Hardy, John Hathaway and James Wilks are all fighting.

Plus Joe Rogan is commentating which will be hilarious.

Its good MMA has grown so popular in the UK. We might even beat some of you americans :)
Welcome to the forum. The reason the post was weird was because of the link. You can't advertise your link in your posts. Everything else was fine. We do not want posters to be scared away so please continue to post here when you want. Just don't advertise and everything will be fine. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
There is nothing wrong with your enthusiasm for your countries fighters. But, none of these guys would draw me into buying the card personally. I thought bisping would turn out better than he is now but he really is a guy fighting to be in the top ten in his division. Hardy is overrated big time and will be dominated by the divisions top guys, fitch, alves, kos, shields probably even rumble if he can make weight. I am sure there are more in there that would beat him too. Anyways sorry for my negative reply I just think the ufc has bigger things to offer than the local Heros.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think I'm more intrested in the Fan Exo at Earls Court than the actual 120 card, not that I'm hating on that btw.

·
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
1,849 Posts
I have a cunning plan! Plenty of beer will make this card more exciting. 4 fighters in the cage at the same time! :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
I actually dont hate the card as much as alot of people I mean it is free here in the US.But it could use a boost and the brits are in for a bad night IMO Hathaway is the only prospect of note IMO coming out of England right now.Bisping and Hardy are overrated and I can see them both getting beat.But good to see a Brit excited for the card.Welcome to the forum as well

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
This card is going to be free for a reason. It's the equivalent of a fight night or a Versus show on Spike.

The German card will be far superior.

·
HiiiPoWeR
17,676 Posts
For a Brit, seeing their guys fighting in London is a win win no matter how the card looks like.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
I've been telling anybody who'll listen that there are a LOT of dudes in the UK will be at the O2 watching their FIRST ever UFC event. It doesn't matter that 10% of the crowd know their MMA, and are less than impressed with the Card. The UFC knows what the majority in the crowd want, and I'm telling you, its UK fighters.

We've been having this debate for months now. I know I'm right. I know the UFC is doing exactly the right thing to grow as fast as possible in the UK. I also know I dont like it. I'm part of the 10% that have already been hooked.

Sure, we can discuss how BADLY the UFC treat their already established UK fans ( eg most UK posters on this forum ). Its disgraceful really. But understandable. IF they made the card my perfect card, they would have attracted lots of existing UFC fans and very little new blood. Thats not good for them long term.

The treatment of Steveo is nasty. Whats wrong with you lot? :(

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
The German card will be far superior.
I don't think so really!

I mean who could actually fight at that card?? Every name is already scheduled on an earlier or later event. The German card is right between them and no name is on it yet.

Ok the rumour about Silva/Sonnen vs. Belfort is there.. but thats still so far away. I give it 20% that it actually happens.

So whos left then?

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
I don't think so really!

I mean who could actually fight at that card?? Every name is already scheduled on an earlier or later event. The German card is right between them and no name is on it yet.

Ok the rumour about Silva/Sonnen vs. Belfort is there.. but thats still so far away. I give it 20% that it actually happens.

So whos left then?
Keep the faith my friend! At least you can be assured there aren't enough German fighters in the UFC to pack the card with them! Dennis Siver will probs fight but that is no bad thing.
I reckon that you may get Cro Cop or Bat Barry on the card fighting Ben Rothwell or Yvel which would be awesome, as well as maybe Sotiropoulos and Franklin.
Looking at the guys without fights i think it has the makings of a much better card than 120, in fact i think i may travel to watch it,I always enjoy a trip to germany so I see no better reason to head over than to watch UFC!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts