Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out a quote from this column in the Calgary sun. There is a link to this from UFC.COM-

Quote "Former UFC lightweight champ Jens Pulver -- the only man to ever hold that title -- will fight at UFC 63 in Anaheim Sept. 23. It will be Lil Evil's first time in the Octagon in four years. He will take on Joe Lauzon. The UFC did away with the lightweight division years ago but has recently reintroduced it."

So here's what I'm wondering. When the heck did they reinstate the lightweight division and why is there no champ?????

·
Crazy Kicker
957 Posts
im preaty pumped out this card at ufc 64. The LW's are my fav fighters

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
They've been rebuilding the lightweight division since UFC 55, why not reinstate the title. It attracts more excellent fighters and give guys like Sean Sherk a chance to get some real recognition in the UFC.

Little Evil is probably the number 1 contender for the title right now, but they have to reintroduce him before they let him fight for the title that he never lost.

Either way, he has been unimpressive since leaving the UFC. When he lost to Sakurai I was less that impressed, though he did go toe-to-toe with Gomi for a little while.

There is no champ because the UFC refused to recognize the Prodigy as the UFC lightweight champion. I'm just glad he gets a chance to destroy Hughes again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts