Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on how this should be decided?

How about a 4-man tourney?

Sherk
KenFlo
Stevenson
Pulver
Penn?
Stout/Yves?

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
They should make an 8-man tournament. This can be done in 2 PPVs, the first will begin with 8 and at the end there will be 4 fighters left. Then the next PPV, have the semi-finals and the finals on the same night. That way it is tougher on the fighters and will prove who is the best.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
^ Yeah. I'd like to see an 8-man tournament consisting of:

Sean Sherk
Kenny Florian
Joe Stevenson
Jens Pulver
Spencer Fisher
Sam Stout
Yves Edwards
Melvin Guillard

Edit: Or even Hermes Franca

·
Registered
50 Posts
Florian, Sherk and Stevenson have all won recently so their opponents shouldnt be conteders for the title this seems obvious to get a title shot you have to win not lose which means Yves is out of the runing for the belt.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
melvin would kill franca and stout he desreves to be there

·
Registered
44 Posts
Florian turned down a title fight with Sherk at the August ppv.

·
Registered
66 Posts
A tourney would be good but nsac will not let it happen. I would say sherk vs. homnick would be the best bet, but I guess homnick turned the fight down.

·
Banned
110 Posts
I say a tournament too. Here is who I would like to see in it:

Sean Sherk
Kenny Florian
Jens Pulver
Joe Stevenson
Yves Edwards
Sam Stout
Spencer Fisher
Jon Fitch

And maybe BJ Penn, if he chooses too go as a lightweight and dominate or stay as a welterweight.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
now that would be sweet if ufc would have an 8-man tour..All the choices sound great, and would make for some great matches.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Best way to decide who deserves to carry the Lightweight Title, they need to seriously do the 8-man tournament thing. With all the guys I listed, we would be in for one hell of a tournament.

Sean Sherk
vs.
Yves Edwards

Hermes Franca
vs.
Melvin Guillard

Spencer Fisher
vs.
Kenny Florian

Jens Pulver
vs.
Joe Stevenson

Now tell me that wouldn't be awesome.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It would be awsome guys, but the ufc is not allowed to have tourneys anymore. Unless they spaced it out over like 3 ppv's, which now that I think about it is very doable.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The lightweights don't get enough respect from the general public. It'll be hard to get this ball rolling.
To bad kenflo turned down the sherk fight. I think Sherk win the belt if we were to have a tournament. He would own Edwards. Did you see what joe stevenson did to him? Holy crap!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts