Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's happening everyone...
I've been around for a long time and at least as far as the other veterans go, everyone knows I'm not one to complain around here. To be honest, I don't post as much as I used to... but my PC time is thin these days, I'm still here, looking around a lot, just my interaction time is minimal.

That being said, I have this question. It's been going on for awhile now... but what is up with this trend of "UFC X Main Card Thread", in the stickies section of UFC? We are suppose to talk about specific fights on upcoming cards in those particular sections... yet we get the Main event, and then 3 to 5 other fights, sometimes featuring several big names all lumped into one spot. There is maybe a group poll up top, and pretty much no one engages because you may be there to talk about the Pearson fight, meanwhile there's a ten reply conversation going on about Arlovski and Mir, and no one even sees your thoughts on Pearson.

This next question isn't meant to be read in a smart ass way, though it may come across that way in text form... Is it really difficult to create 4/5 stickies at the top of the league forum? One for each fight?
If so, I'll shut up... I'm just trying to figure out what prompted this trend.
Thanks
BRC

·
Administrator
2,077 Posts
Hello,

Sorry if I don't really know where you're referring to, but could you provide a link so I can cross reference this?

As for stickies, since mods and admins are the only ones that can sticky a thread, if there is something that you want to keep at the top, let us know :)

Lee

·
The 55%
16,514 Posts
What he's saying is he prefers having separate threads for each fight so he can actually talk about each individual fight (like happen on a lot of cards).

So like

Demetrious Johnson Vs John Dodson Fight Thread
Andrei Arlovski Vs Frank Mir Fight Thread
Anthony Johnson Vs Jimi Manuwa Fight Thread
Corey Anderson Vs Jan Blachowicz Fight Thread
Paige VanZant Vs Alex Chambers Fight Thread

As opposed to...

UFC 191 Main Card Thread

And no it takes absolutely nothing to create and sticky a thread. I presume the mods just saw a drop in activity in a lot of the individual fight threads so they started to group many of the main cards in one.

·
HiiiPoWeR
17,676 Posts
What he's saying is he prefers having separate threads for each fight so he can actually talk about each individual fight (like happen on a lot of cards).

So like

As opposed to...

UFC 191 Main Card Thread

And no it takes absolutely nothing to create and sticky a thread. I presume the mods just saw a drop in activity in a lot of the individual fight threads so they started to group many of the main cards in one.
Most certianly this. No doubt we can go back to the old format if anyone sees fit.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

So like

As opposed to...

UFC 191 Main Card Thread

This is 100% accurate... you're probably totally right with the last line as well. As far as going back, if I'm the only one questioning it, then by no means does it need to change... just seems far less involved to me. That is however, just one man's opinion.

·
The 55%
16,514 Posts
To be honest I'd just probably quote someone from earlier (and get into an argument with Sportsman somehow :D). I'm not really on my laptop when I'm watching the events live though so I guess that's where I differ. I get your point but it's not really something I mind you know?

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest I'd just probably quote someone from earlier (and get into an argument with Sportsman somehow :D). I'm not really on my laptop when I'm watching the events live though so I guess that's where I differ. I get your point but it's not really something I mind you know?
I totally know what you mean. I'm nowhere near my computer during the fights either... I guess I just miss the threads that had a photo of each fighter, an individual poll for that fight, and so on... it's not a big deal at all really. Just something I personally thought was cooler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts