Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Lets Git Er On

The odds say it all! hope no one thonks about puttin any money on BJ, I don't think he can be ready for MATT in a month. Even though he was training for another fight. I would think he has to ADD on alot to get ready for MATT. MATT HUGHES IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE MAN. God Bless!:laugh:

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
hmmm. Well BJ did destroy matt in the first match. But now Matt is the man. hmmm? I would rather bet my money on something with better odds then 3/1. But bj's odds are great so I'll add a little something on BJ even though I think matt will win.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i really didnt agree wit the decision they gave st pierre against bj pen i think they tried to give st pierre a shot against matt and i dont think he deserved it, as for bj hes got natural skill and heart but will that b enough to outdo matts training and strength i donno, remember when he passed out while getting leg choked and fell on his opponent and then his opponent past out, matt admits being out ( only for a sec ) but he can b put in submissions, and i think bj has a chance and i like his chance so i will bet all my points on bj.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How can you not agree with the decision for St Pierre? BJ banged him up in the first round and St Pierre clearly won the last two. He had more take downs and landed more punches. The only good move BJ made in the last two rounds was at the very end of the fight. Pierre was cut but they were the same cuts the whole fight.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
Tdot said:
How can you not agree with the decision for St Pierre? BJ banged him up in the first round and St Pierre clearly won the last two. He had more take downs and landed more punches. The only good move BJ made in the last two rounds was at the very end of the fight. Pierre was cut but they were the same cuts the whole fight.
and it was from the eye poke. Bj has some heavy hands so Matt will probably just have to hughes slam him a few times and GnP to win

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lets use our minds a bit..

Lets actually think this one through.

Matt is pretty predictible.

Penn is not as predictible, due to his unique style, which no one seems to be ready for.

This is going to come down to how well Hughes has been able to wrap his mind around BJ Penn's style.

BJ Penn has an easier job, as Hughes is pretty predictible.

Now, everyone is saying Hughes Bodyslam. Wow, unfortunately, when you throw in a few strategies that Hughes is not prepared for, we are talking upset. It doesn't take much..

Tony

·
Registered
129 Posts
Predictable??

The only thing predictable about Matt Hughes is that he is going to punch you, slam you, elbow you, submit you, oh and punch you and slam you and elbow you and submit you. you can not predict what he is going to do, he is so well rounded that he can and will do any and everything to WIN, in which it is predictable that he is VERY GOOD at that !:cheeky4:

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
gduff2 said:
I'm thick. so this "betting" is not with real money? I just "bet" on the bj/hughes fight with out any money.
No, it's just eMoney.

I bet what I have left on BJ. (Sherk/Florian got most of my $$$)

BJ by Choke in round 1, it'll be Deja Vu all over again.

And Sherk by a**whup.

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
BJ Penn has Matt Hughes number. Matt Hughes will shoot at BJ and try to go for a takedown and BJ will be ready for him. BJ by TKO.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If Bj Penn fights Hughes the way he fought GSP (everything in RD1 nothing in RD2/3) he is going to lose. If he can't stop GSP from taking him down at will he will not stop Hughes from doing the same. Judging by that fight alone I would be willing to go with Hughes. I say a third RD TKO on the mat after BJ gases.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Penn Vs. Hughes..

Keithpas said:
If Bj Penn fights Hughes the way he fought GSP (everything in RD1 nothing in RD2/3) he is going to lose. If he can't stop GSP from taking him down at will he will not stop Hughes from doing the same. Judging by that fight alone I would be willing to go with Hughes. I say a third RD TKO on the mat after BJ gases.
Come on, get serious. He didn't really gas, rather they both just canceled each other out by round 2 and 3.

I still think Penn is going to win, though. Hughes has not really changed.. Just a better version of the same thing.. Same game plan, which he has not deviated from in the last 5 matches..

Shoot off a couple punches just so you can shoot for the legs and then either ground pound or submit.. That is a weakness, seeing Penn took advantage of this very same weakness last time they fought.. This is not being considered here.

IN other words, Penn is the only person who was able to counter this "formula" Hughes uses. So, why is it now, he is considered impossible to defeat in people's minds here?

Tony

·
Registered
129 Posts
Matt Is Going To Win.....point Blank!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts