Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is one guy that the UFC has to pick up... Eddie Alvarez is a really good fighter and he will bring alot to the table at 155 in the UFC..

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'd take him and Hector Lombard and Dan Hornbuckle from Bellator.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
they don't want anything to do with the UFC. They just want to fight, not play the political game to get a title shot and Bellator is paying too.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
they don't want anything to do with the UFC. They just want to fight, not play the political game to get a title shot and Bellator is paying too.
Thats a shame. It would be interesting to see what they'd do in the UFC.

It is really pissing me off that all these elite fighters outside of the UFC are not trying to get in but instead, scrapping with other semi-good fighters and getting easy KO, submission wins.

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
i am not impressed by alvarez, he was doing well in japan and is now doing well in bellator, but hell, aoki was doing great in japan and looked what happened in to him in strikeforce.

·
Registered
643 Posts
They fight in Bellator for the best-man tournament setup, but in a recent interview with MMA Live Hornbuckle expressed his interest in fighting for the premier MMA promotion. Bellator has produced a ton of great fights, but you're kidding yourself if you think anyone of those guys wouldn't jump ship to the UFC.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
They fight in Bellator for the best-man tournament setup, but in a recent interview with MMA Live Hornbuckle expressed his interest in fighting for the premier MMA promotion. Bellator has produced a ton of great fights, but you're kidding yourself if you think anyone of those guys wouldn't jump ship to the UFC.
Alvarez has said publicly that he won't he likes the security of Bellator and Huerta left the UFC for Bellator. I don't know about Hornbuckle, I do know that most of those guys like the Bellator system where all they have to do is win to fight for a championship.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Alvarez has said publicly that he won't he likes the security of Bellator and Huerta left the UFC for Bellator. I don't know about Hornbuckle, I do know that most of those guys like the Bellator system where all they have to do is win to fight for a championship.
Hornbuckle (basically) said on MMA Live this week that he wants to come to the UFC once he wins the tourney and beats the champ.

The real talent will make it to the UFC eventually, and Alvarez definitely should be fighting the best in the world. Hornbuckle too if he doesnt slow down

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I'd love to see Zuffa buy Bellator outright to bring tournament style fighting back with UFC connection (that's not TUF - hate reality TV garbage). The company could retain his below top 20 talent and give up-n-comers better opportunities to get in to good camps.

Buying Fighinhg and Entertainment Group would be magnanamous - (that's Dream and K-1). Japanese dudes don't sell easy though too much honor.

Seriously, if any of these smaller promotions were to go public, their P/E earning would be stupid high and raise ridiculous money - I'm surprised there isn't a promotion that hasn't attempted it - Strikeforce in particular considering they have a brand and great TV/cable deals already in place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts