Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
My first ever 'vbookie' bet. 500 on Damarques, just cause I enjoyed watching him on the Ultimate Fighter, and cause I think he's a live dog.

Matt Riddle is a better all around fighter in my opinion and will probably win, but I'm willing to gamble a little on Damarques for this one.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Damarques Johnson never impressed me so I have to go with Riddle on this one.

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2nd round TKO for Riddle:

Round 1 - Referee Jason Herzog returns to action. Johnson takes the center, and both fighters patient to start. First jab from Johnson catches Ridle in the eye, but he returns quickly. Johnson firing off stiff punches. Johnson lands a low kick, but Riddle returns one to the body. Johnson lands another powerful, snapping low kick. Riddle just ducks under a mean hook. Riddle shoots in and with a little extra effort sets up on Johnson's guard. Riddle posturing up and lands a few punches from top. Riddle tries a leaping pass out to the side, though Johnson elevates it further and escapes with the space. He stumbles away, though, and Riddle is right back on top. Johnson working an open guard and doing a decent job of controlling, but Riddle is finding occasional spaces to score. Elbows and punches are mixed in. Riddle briefly works to half-mount. Johnson returns to guard and tries for an armbar, but Riddle slides the legs off. Johnson with a few elbows underneath, but it's Riddle scoring with the bigger shots. Less than a minute, and Riddle in control. Riddle moves to side control, but the round ends there. MMAjunkie.com sees it for Riddle, 10-9.

Round 2 - Johnson leads with a right hand that scores, but Riddle shoots in and is again in top position. Johnson trying to control the wrists and work for a kimura, but Riddle slides his arm free. Johnson shoots his legs up for a submission, but Riddle pulls away. Riddle avoids a few upkicks and moves back into Johnson's guard. Johnson just misses a powerful swiping elbow from bottom, but Riddle is there to answer again from the top. Scramble underneath, and Johnson is nearly free, though the end result is Riddle in side control. Halfway in. Johnson tries to spin free, but Riddle is showing excellent top control. Short elbows from the top. Johnson works to a knee, and Riddle tries for a guillotine on the right side. Johnson shifts his head and tries for a takedown. Riddle slides out, but Johnson blasts him with a knee to the face. Riddle drops, and Johnson pushes in. Riddle buys time, recovers and rushes to top position. Johnson rolls over, and Riddle gets the hooks in while moving to the back. Submission attempt? Nah. Riddle unleashes several nasty shots from the top. Johnson covers up, but he's not defending intelligently, and that's the fight. Matt Riddle def. DaMarques Johnson via TKO (punches) - Round 2, 4:29.
Link

1 - 5 of 5 Posts