Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Even

Votes: 3 11.5%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This poll is about liking mma. It is no diffrent then if i did a poll over UFC 112 or 111. There where 2 mma events close together. Both had some wierd crap happen in them. I was just wondering which one people enjoyed more.

·
Registered
211 Posts
UFC is much better. You guys cant say "cant i just like mma". Sure you can but the UFC is muuuuch better than Strikeforce. Dream is better than Strikeforce. Im talking as a product ofcorse. Strikeforce has that horrible black guy do interviews after the fight, that guy needs to go, its like he is reading his child a bedtime book when he talks to the fighters. The way Strikeforce promotes things is just cheep looking. They have a few good fighters, and thats the only thing they got going for them. And they got that hot ring girl, but even the way they make the ring girls do things is just to fake a cheesy. My opinion, not trolling. I speak my mind on these forums and am now labeled a troll.

·
Got Fight?
511 Posts
I had much more expectations for last night's SF card.
-Mousasi and King Mo was a great matchup on paper and I couldn't believe how bad Gegard looked. Attempted nothing while on his back and didn't throw anything while standing.
Disappointed.
-Aoki's first fight in the US and going up against a striker in Melendez, ANOTHER great matchup on paper. And what did we get? A sparring clinic by Gilbert and only see one attempted sub from Shinya.
Disappointed.
-Hendo's first fight in Strikeforce against Shields. Both great wrestlers, Hendo with better boxing and Jake with better jits. ANOTHER great matchup. All we see is Hendo land a right hook powerbomb, drops Jake, Shields recovers, Hendo lands a nasty uppercut, drops Jake, Shields recovers, then Dan gets dominated on the ground for the next 4 rounds.
Disappointed.

I'll be the first one to say that 112 was boring aside for a couple fights, but I didn't hype up 112 as much as SF's card. Horrible performances last night that could have been great fights.

112 wins by default, but I enjoy MMA regardless...last night doesn't solidify my preference of one organization over the other. And one card never will.

·
Banned
820 Posts
I am going with 112. LAst night's fights were not terrible they just really did not live up to the hype the way I expected. I am not saying 112 did, but it was still better in my eyes.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not trying to say which organization is better. If last night had been a UFC and we had two lackluster UFC PPV's in a row i would've been comparing the UFC's in this poll. This isn't about strikeforce vs UFC. This is two MMA events. Which was better. Which had better fights.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Outside of Maia/Anderson UFC 112 was a good card. Penn/Edgar was one of the years best fights and that fight alone beats the Strikeforce card IMO.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Neither was very good, glad I didn't pay for either.

Could SF have done more damage to the MMA community in one night though? First three ZZZZZ...fights that all go tot decision. Then the brawl afterwords and they don't go to commercial, not to mention they showed a replay of it when they finally did go to commercial. Nothing seems like it could turn a casual fan off quicker than three boring fights and then some meat heads mugging a guy in the cage AFTER the fight is OVER, for no real reason not to mention.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.