Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
LEGEND
Joined
·
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think any UFC fighters have their own movie (I mean like Ali with Will Smith)(please correct me if I'm wrong). So the question is..... Who should be the first UFC fighter to have a movie made about him and more importantly - why


My pick would be Joice Graycie because his whole career is truely a David vs. Goliath story. The movie could climax with Joice fighting Dan Severn, know what I mean???
 

·
Crazy Kicker
Joined
·
957 Posts
i know your all gunna rip on me but...ken shamrock, if by some gift from good he beats tito that would be the end...it would work cuz he was a problem kid...but gracie would be better
 

·
LHW Champ
Joined
·
781 Posts
Mark Kerr has made one "The Smashing Machine"and hes an old UFC fighter so thats been done. Joice is actually Royce but you probably knew that, is that a nickname you made up or what? i would like to see Randy in like an "After Retirment" movie, see how he coaches his guys. His buisness relationship with Bas and the setup of his new training facilities and stuff like that would be cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
I have a feeling that when MMA becomes a much bigger sport in america there might be a movie about royce gracie. the MMA version of ALI. It would take some time for MMA to get that far in America though. Im guessing mabye with in the next 20 years it will happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Why the hell would anyone make a movie about Royce Gracie?

I also agree that Ken Shamrock would make a great movie. His great start, his trials against politicians trying to kill MMA, how he trained the lions den, his decline and move onto the WWE, and now his decline to his present day self. He has done more than people give him credit for. This is due to the ungratefulness of human beings hearts. They like hero's, until they cant deliver. Then they forget what happened. The movie should be a good thing to clear Kens name, even if he is a little senile now.

That, or we could do a movie on Tim Sylvia...

Wanna hear a joke?

WHats the only thing that Kimo and Bas Rutten have in common?




They both got killed by Kenny.:laugh:
 

·
The American Psycho
Joined
·
6,946 Posts
Movie on Tim Sylvia! Two thumbs down man!:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: I think a movie about Forrest Griffin would be better! It would be a movie about a man who had a promising future that included a nice cushey job, a family, and a white house with a pickett fence! Then he takes that future and throws it away to be an MMA fighter! That would be an awesome movie! The only problem is I don't know who would play Forrest!:dunno:
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
Bonnar426 said:
Movie on Tim Sylvia! Two thumbs down man!:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: I think a movie about Forrest Griffin would be better! It would be a movie about a man who had a promising future that included a nice cushey job, a family, and a white house with a pickett fence! Then he takes that future and throws it away to be an MMA fighter! That would be an awesome movie! The only problem is I don't know who would play Forrest!:dunno:

Duuh...Jim Carrey or Johnny Depp cuz he's a master of disguise.


Ken or Royce would make for a good movie. That's about all I can think would be worth a movie right now.If Matt Hughes stays champ through Penn, GSP, TUF4, and Sanchez then he definately deserves a movie. Or maybe Penn beats Hughes next Saturday, then GSP beats Penn, TUF 4 and Sanchez, then Hughes beats GSP, then Penn loses to Hughes finally in their 3rd fight and Hughes retires and that's how the movie ends. But Ken or Royce right now would make the most sense.
 

·
Crazy Kicker
Joined
·
957 Posts
matt is a great fighter but not a good movie. i think it would have to be ken or Royce because they both had there ups and there down so it would be a a good climax. matt has just killed everyone but bj so its not much for a movie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
I also think Ken and Royce are about the only two that would make sense for a movie. And I dont think people turned on Ken because he past his prime and can no longer deliver. They turned on him because he made him self out to be a complete ass on TUF 3. I was somewhat of a Ken fan before that but now I cant stand the guy.
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
In 2 years when BJ gets his ass handed to him by my man Abaddi for the lightweight title, Abaddi will instantly have a movie made about him. Then he'll be starring in his first movie: Aladdin and the Sultan's Treasure. He'll be playing Aladdin, of course. He's gonna be bigger than Justin Timberlake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
the Ali movie didn't come out for 20 years past his retirement. MMa is just an infant right now. The sport is well on its way to being mainstream but it will never catch on with certain types of people. 95% of fans are 14-35 year old males that are wantabe badasses. We live in our own little worlds and think that Tito Ortiz is a household name. Face it, he is not. There should be something in the works for a new Ace Ventura movie with Jim Carrey going undercover as a 'cage fighter.' Rich Franklin to do the stunts.
 

·
The American Psycho
Joined
·
6,946 Posts
I know he is not a UFC fighter anymore but how about a movie about Carlos Newton! Doing some serious marshall arts when he was a kid, had to deal with child abuse, trained some Israeli soldiers. The movie should show him surviving a 280 pound Jean Riviere (Newton was 205 at the time) in his first MMA fight. Then the movie could end with Newton winning the welterweight title against Pat Militech! I think it would make an interesting movie!
 

·
LEGEND
Joined
·
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bonnar426 said:
I know he is not a UFC fighter anymore but how about a movie about Carlos Newton! Doing some serious marshall arts when he was a kid, had to deal with child abuse, trained some Israeli soldiers. The movie should show him surviving a 280 pound Jean Riviere (Newton was 205 at the time) in his first MMA fight. Then the movie could end with Newton winning the welterweight title against Pat Militech! I think it would make an interesting movie!

oooooh good pick bro
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
Tap-outNow said:
the Ali movie didn't come out for 20 years past his retirement. MMa is just an infant right now. The sport is well on its way to being mainstream but it will never catch on with certain types of people. 95% of fans are 14-35 year old males that are wantabe badasses. We live in our own little worlds and think that Tito Ortiz is a household name. Face it, he is not. There should be something in the works for a new Ace Ventura movie with Jim Carrey going undercover as a 'cage fighter.' Rich Franklin to do the stunts.
These were my thoughts exactly. I dont see a possibility of a blockbuster movie about an MMA fighter for probobly 50 years. No athlete in MMA is even close to being as decorated as Ali. If there are self-claimed "MMA fans" who have no clue who Fedor is, probobly the greatest of all-time, then MMA is not big enough to sell to the general public. Sorry guys but no matter how much we would all love an MMA movie it just wouldn't sell and producers know that.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top