Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody now what kind of rehab these guys get while training? Is there someone specific who works with them post injury or do they all train across the country and use local guys? Im pretty sure that they are regularly injured during fights and training and think they would be an interesting group to work with.

Physioman

·
LethalLLama
106 Posts
I know UFC doctors check them out but I am sure they use their own doctors to do anything major. They do have to be cleared by UFC doctors to fight again also.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
I imagine they do it on thier own for the most part.
Just as you train with your trainers and camp, I imagine you get better with your guys.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I regular watch UFC with a friend of mine who is a physician and we laugh every time the doc comes in to the ring to check a cut - no clinical assessment, just a "Can you see?". You'd think there would be more to it than that with respect to cuts. This stated, they are very concerned with fighter who have been KO'd.

·
LethalLLama
106 Posts
physioman said:
I regular watch UFC with a friend of mine who is a physician and we laugh every time the doc comes in to the ring to check a cut - no clinical assessment, just a "Can you see?". You'd think there would be more to it than that with respect to cuts. This stated, they are very concerned with fighter who have been KO'd.
It all comes down to the Athletic Commission of the area they are fighting in.
If the fighter can't see the fight is required to stop. Also if the doctor believes the fighter unable to intelligently defend themselves the fight must be stopped. Some fighters have sucha a strong will they would go in there blind and rocked and fight to the death if it was allowed. I am sure the docs are doing more than just asking if they can see. They also check for a concussion or whether the position of the cut could be in a place to cause irreparable damage or too severe of bleeding will endanger the fighter. Its alot more going through docs mind than just "can you see" but thats all we can hear everytime. Also remember they may get paid by UFC and if so might get bonuses to make sure the fights continue... you never know.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts