Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
30adnop

UFC signs three more Wolfslair fighters:

"The UFC has signed three fighters from the Wolfslair and a further two are also expected to be on forthcoming seasons of The Ultimate Fighter, Fighters Only has learned."

"Light-heavyweight Tom Blackledge, welterweight Curt Warburton and heavyweight Rob Broughton all have three-fight deals in place and will make their debuts for the UFC later this year."

HT: fightersonlymagazine.co.uk
I personally dont expect much.

·
Sleepy
2,153 Posts
Tom Blackledge is 9-6

Curt Warburton is 6-1

Rob Broughton is 14-5-1

unless the record of Blackledge is very misleading I really suspect he isn't UFC calibre. Haven't seen him fight and don't know anything about him though, just speculating. The other 2 have alright records though, then again Mustapha al-Turk was 6-3 before the UFC.

·
Any Weight, Anytime...
447 Posts
Wolf's Lair, most overrated gym i've ever seen period, its biggest names are mediocre at best.

Bisping = no chin at all, tested and proven by an over the hill Wanderlei and Henderon
Kongo = 2 plus years and STILL no bloody ground game

Rampage is the star in this place hands down.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Wolf's Lair, most overrated gym i've ever seen period, its biggest names are mediocre at best.

Bisping = no chin at all, tested and proven by an over the hill Wanderlei and Henderon
Kongo = 2 plus years and STILL no bloody ground game

Rampage is the star in this place hands down.
agreed Page is the only real talent they have...Imo

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Rob Broughton has been kickin lumps out of the HW division in the UK for the past few months, he's a big dude, he could do well.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
Goddamn Wolfslair. Always hiding Adolf and serving as a military headquarters. Douchebags.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
You know...there is a thing called MARKETING!!!
The UFC needs to enter more agressively i the UK market.
That's about it.
But who knows..maybe they are talented. Let's wait and see.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
If the UFC wanted to sign more British fighters, then Jim Wallhead and Tom 'Kong' Watson would have been better options. Wallhead trains with Hardy, Semtex and Co at Rough House, is currently on a 6 fight win-streak and rated very highly by the guys at Rough House. Then Watson, who was due to fight Alex Reid before Reid bitched out, is on a 7 fight win-streak, and more trains with 2 of the best camps in the world, at both Zahabi MMA in Canada and Greg Jackson's camp. He actually served as one of GSP's training partners before the fight with Hardy, he's supposedly very talented.

·
Registered
603 Posts
If the UFC wanted to sign more British fighters, then Jim Wallhead and Tom 'Kong' Watson would have been better options. Wallhead trains with Hardy, Semtex and Co at Rough House, is currently on a 6 fight win-streak and rated very highly by the guys at Rough House. Then Watson, who was due to fight Alex Reid before Reid bitched out, is on a 7 fight win-streak, and more trains with 2 of the best camps in the world, at both Zahabi MMA in Canada and Greg Jackson's camp. He actually served as one of GSP's training partners before the fight with Hardy, he's supposedly very talented.
A man who knows his stuff, Jim and Watson are a lot better shouts, although I dont mind Broughton getting a shot.
I thought what Reid did to Watson was s**t by the way, jetting around the world hanging upside down on polls and taking part in weird "fighting sytems", he obviously had no intention of fighting in the fist place and to pull out like that is crap, Watson isn't a highly paid fighter and already lost money out on his fight camp although thankfully the org sorted him out.
The joke is, he probably is the most recognised mainstream mma fighter in U.K due to Big Brothher etc, but no way deserves that respect ahead of the likes of Watson, Hardy,Bisping,Etim,Daley etc.
p.s Watch out for Karlos Vermola for future U.K based talent, he looks a beast.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
Rob Broughton looks a 'tad' out of shape to me. but we need a heavyweight Brit in the UFC.

Not a fan of the Wolfslair mainly because I cant stand that unintelligible scouser they have as a coach

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.