Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Baddest Man Alive
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the UFC pick its talent? I really think that there are thousands of fighters out there worthy of UFC fights, some maybe even title shots, but will never get em. Does the UFC have training leagues to develop new talent (other than TUF) like the WWE has? Or is there an application process or maybe you just have to be extremly lucky or have a friend on the inside? However it is, I really wanna know. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't know either but they do need a lot more fighters. I see alot of the same people fight that will never have a chance at a title. Most of the TUF guys for example. I have only been a fan for a year or so but wish I would have been back in the glory days of UFC. I'd like to see more new fighters and less of Dana White. If he spent more time makeing the UFC better than on TV things might be better. Oh and when he's not on tv I think hes rideing Hughes jock.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
There are hundreds of local MMA organizations throughout the US. You go and fight on a local level to gain experience and over time your name will get around. I think you have to literally start from the ground up unless you know somebody. I'm sure the UFC has talent scouts all over the US. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I don't get it either. Vitor Ribeiro, the worlds best lightweight fighter who has beaten Tatsuya Kawijiri, Mitsuhiro Ishida, and Joachim Hansen still not signed to UFC or PRIDE FC, UFC should really sign him, he would destroy everyone in their lightweight division besides Sean Sherk who he may beat.

And Urijah Faber is not signed either, one of the top featherweights, Tyson Griffin beat him but hes still a dam good fighter who should be signed to a major MMA organization.

Then there are bums in the UFC like Kevin Jordan, Danny Abaddi, Wes Combs, and Ross Pointon, I really don't get it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts