Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
....Omar Comin'
4,797 Posts

·
....Omar Comin'
4,797 Posts
Who is jay hieron? I love new prospects, could someone enlighten me here?
he's not new. fought in the ufc years ago, lost to GSP at UFC 48, he lost to Jonathon Goulet (who isn't a great fighter)

although he did beat Joe Riggs, but i don't rate Riggs at all.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Would be a good signing I think. Hieron's on a good run of wins, winning an IFL Title as well as wins over Jason High, Jesse Taylor (Taylor was on a run of 7 wins, with those wins including Drew Fickett, Chris Camozzi and Yoon Dong-Sik) and Joe Riggs. Looking forward to seeing how he goes, if he does sign.

·
Banned
820 Posts
Will be a good pick-up. Some interesting match-ups for him.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
STUPID SIGNING. HIERON HAS NEVER BEATEN ANYONE GOOD AND ISN'T A WELL KNOWN FIGHTER, THEREFORE HE WON'T DRAW A HUGE CROWD, aswell as he rarely knocks his opponent out,
He's won his last 7 fights and has 7 kos to his record, which is nearly half his over all fights.

·
....Omar Comin'
4,797 Posts
He's won his last 7 fights and has 7 kos to his record, which is nearly half his over all fights.
he has 6 ko's as far as i'm aware and as i stated before, i don't rate the competition he has beaten. he was given his IFL title shot 1 fight after a loss. i can't see him getting anything done in the UFC this time round either.

EDIT: he has 28 professional fights, 7 would equal 1/4.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Yeah, I'm kind of indifferent towards it. They've got to keep those rosters filled, so it's probably a good move, but as far as my interest goes, meh.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
This is more of an up yours to Strikeforce than anything else because they need him in a division with no depth while he will get lost in the shuffle in the UFC's very deep WW division.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree with that 'up yours' comment above me lol. But to be fair the guy's not that bad. He isn't great but his stand up is pretty good. I don't really remember how is fight with anyone other than GSP went and to be fair it was GSP, but he's good friends with a lot of the guys in the industry. He's the striking coach for a lot of guys in MMA as well. He used to be Extreme Coutures before Ron Frazier got hired I'm pretty sure.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
He is a really nice addition to the division. Every fighter in a division can't be an elite fighter you need really solid second tier guys like Hieron to up the overall quality of cards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts