Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pride Officially states that Yuki Sasaki of Pride will fight on UFC program UFN against Dean Lister. Sasaki is apart of Team GRABAKA and has said that he wants Team GRABAKA to take every title in the world. Sasaki would be a Middleweight and would have to beat Rich Franklin for that to happen. He says if he wins against Lister he will challenge Franklin.

Sasaki's record is 0-1-0 in Pride but has a MMA record of 14-9-1.
Lister's record 1-2-0 in Pride and MMA record of 0-0-0.

Team GRABAKA has 4 members Sasaki, Kikuta, Gono and Misaki. They are up there with Brazilian Top Team and Chute Boxe Academy in terms of respect. All of them have contracts with Pride and Sasaki hopes to establish a relationship with the UFC.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
I'm sure this dude can beat Franklin :laugh:. Plus who the hell is this team? The only Japanese person I know holding a title is Gomi thats about it. Sounds pretty cocky and stupid to me :dunno:.

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is cocky but he is not stupid. He fights overseas more than any other fighter in Pride, he knows he needs the experience and the respect of different organizations to go far in his career. For some reason Pride keeps saying that Lister is the second best grappler in the world. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jdun11 said:
whos the best grappler than??
Nogueira?
Gono and Misaki are still in the Bushido tournament, so we know they can handle the competition. Misaki I think will be fighting Dan Henderson in the Second Round.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts