Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Leben doesn't have the ground game. Maybe he has the chin, but this would really put him the too the test.

I think that Silva would beat him, maybe not easily, but it would definitely happen.

·
Banned
495 Posts
I want Leben to win so bad.

He has some good ground game he submitted Edwin Dewees at fight night live. But i would say he needs work.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that was sweet when leben pulled that submisson off. i just hope this fight is good

·
Registered
213 Posts
i would rather see leban vs cummo i think leban will lose this fight he is a medeoca fighter and i think he sucks i love his die hard punk ass attitute i love it but the guy cant fight for shit he calles himself a striker he doesnt have ko power, and he is very sluggish he is not an mma fighter he has no ground game. no ground control. he cant strike well luke cummo would kick his ass in to next week hell id kick his ass into next week most the people who come to these boards are fighters and i bet all of the fighters readin this would kill leban in a fight

·
:|.Pie.|:
3,859 Posts
Hope Leben gets destroyed. Ever since i saw him, i knew he was one of these guys that talk shit, then come fight time and they are scared. Just being a striker isnt going to get him very far in the UFC unless your name is chuck liddell

·
Banned
495 Posts
If you haven't noticed he doesn't talk nearly as much shit........Forget about the past man.And even if he does who cares it makes it more exciting.Its not like he's taking swings at people when the ref breaks them up or shit like that.

And who ever said Cummo would beat Leben...I think you need to watch them fight man. Josh Neer handled Joe.S and he beat CUMMO! and Leben would destroy Neer.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Leben has no fighting form. His kicks have always been sloppy and Cummo's smart enough to take advantage of that. It'd be a close fight, but I'd give it to look, because Leben would do something stupid.

·
Banned
495 Posts
:laugh: Lol???wow

Luke for one is weak has no take down D,No knock out power for someone like Leben are you serious?

Leben beat Cote and knocked out whorehey!:)laugh: )

·
:|.Pie.|:
3,859 Posts
Leben does look sloppy on the ring. I have never like him.I just think he hasnt grown up. That just my opion.Ever time i see him in the ring i go to sleep. Hes not very entertaing. IMO

·
Banned
495 Posts
Lol you spelled that bad

Everyone in UFC says he grew up,I say it to.
I also say hes very exciting and doesn't back down.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Hope Leben gets destroyed. Ever since i saw him, i knew he was one of these guys that talk shit, then come fight time and they are scared. Just being a striker isnt going to get him very far in the UFC unless your name is chuck liddell
He's not just a striker he was on Team Quest.

And Liddell isn't a straight up striker he was a College wrestler first and a Purple belt in BJJ.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Yes but you got Liddell all wrong.

And Leben isn't bad at all.
Anyway we will see how good he is against Anderson Silva.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
If you put a half decent kickboxer in Leben's fights, they all would have been KOs. Leben had plenty of opportunities to KO Cote and he didn't. Leben had a dozen opportunities to KO Fioravanti and he didn't. He got lucky that he won those fights in a decision.

Leben has proved, twice in the UFC and probably much more in the rest of his carreer, that his kicks are poorly executed and his punches are badly timed or very slow. He has endurance, that's all. If he gets a title fight he'll miss too many punches and be destroyed. If he fights a guy with a good groundnpound (of whom there are none in the middleweight division) he'll be runover.

People get blinded by his hair and bad boy mouth and so they cheer for him without looking at his stance, strikes or groundwork. He is not Tito Ortiz or Cabbage. He doesn't have a chance with a real hardstriker.

·
Banned
495 Posts
^^^^ Couldnt have said it better myself
You could have said your Liddell facts better to.

And as for Cummo,Hes terrible and hasn't beat anyone good yet.
He has no take down D hes very weak,This happens to be the first site that said he's good.:cheeky4: I mean was i the only one that saw him fight against Jason V??? That guy is terrible he almost lost to Alex K from Season 1 and that's just sad.Even more sad that you guys think Joe can beat Leben when he couldn't even finish Jay off,And lost to Joe Stevenson.(Joe S got ass kicked by Josh Neer) He's just the all American nerd that will never come close to champion.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Leben has proved, twice in the UFC and probably much more in the rest of his carreer, that his kicks are poorly executed and his punches are badly timed or very slow. He has endurance, that's all. If he gets a title fight he'll miss too many punches and be destroyed. If he fights a guy with a good groundnpound (of whom there are none in the middleweight division) he'll be runover.
WHo cares about his dam kicks......
"He has endurance and thats it" Umm try a chin of Iron.And knock out power that dominated Mike Swick and Rivera.

People get blinded by his hair and bad boy mouth and so they cheer for him without looking at his stance, strikes or groundwork. He is not Tito Ortiz or Cabbage. He doesn't have a chance with a real hardstriker.

That must be why he's only lost one fight??Ya his hair and bad boy mouth i happen to think his hair is gay so are his cloths,And hate Skater Hillbillys.
So much for the cool factor.

If you put a half decent kickboxer in Leben's fights, they all would have been KOs. Leben had plenty of opportunities to KO Cote and he didn't. Leben had a dozen opportunities to KO Fioravanti and he didn't. He got lucky that he won those fights in a decision.
He won 2 out of 3 rounds on Cote....Knocked out Swick and Rivera real luck huh??

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.