Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
LEGEND
Joined
·
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else not like the format for next seasone TUF???? I'd rather see new blood and undiscovered talent over already established fighters. Any one of these guys can just fight on any of the monthly pay-per-views. This show should remain an avenue for young guys to make it. I have the feeling there's going to be a drop in viewership next season. And another thing, I love Georges St. Pierre, but coaching pn TUF 4?????? I would much prefer someone who's been around a bit longer, why not good old BAS Rutten( maybe his upcomming fight was a conflicting issue ). Somebody tell me what the hell was wrong with TUF 1 formatt anyway, we saw the best fights in season 1.

P.S. Shonnie Carter - hahaha give me a break!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,708 Posts
yea this line up sucks. But atleast there is another season and that means more fights so im cool with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
UFCFAN33 said:
yea this line up sucks. But atleast there is another season and that means more fights so im cool with it.

yeah ur right....but i guess they need it i mean most the guys on there have been losin alot lately randy and pierre might be able to help em out alot even tho they have more fights then st. pierre but he's real good... what do u think about hughes vs. pierre
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
110 Posts
I expected legends to come in this not some washed up never even good fighters. Shaonie Carter, come on this guys a joke he lost to Nate Quarry and looks drunk half of his matches. Patrick Cote, Matt Serra, almost as big jokes. The only person I want to see in this show is Jorge Rivera but I've never respected him that much due to his poor effort loss to Lee Murray. And the coaches are worse than ultimate fighter 2 coaches. First Georges St. Pierre and Randy Couture don't even have a rivalry and are in different weight classes. Ultimate Fighter 3 may have sucked but at least the two coaches were rivals and hated each other to make it more interesting. And one of the coaches in it is retired and both of the coaches have briefly met and barely know eachother. The coaches should be GSP and Matt Hughes, something like that to hype up their rematch going down. This season sounds like a joke, I don't care who wins they will eventually be terrible in UFC just like before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
putmeonhold said:
Anyone else not like the format for next seasone TUF???? I'd rather see new blood and undiscovered talent over already established fighters. Any one of these guys can just fight on any of the monthly pay-per-views. This show should remain an avenue for young guys to make it. I have the feeling there's going to be a drop in viewership next season. And another thing, I love Georges St. Pierre, but coaching pn TUF 4?????? I would much prefer someone who's been around a bit longer, why not good old BAS Rutten( maybe his upcomming fight was a conflicting issue ). Somebody tell me what the hell was wrong with TUF 1 formatt anyway, we saw the best fights in season 1.

P.S. Shonnie Carter - hahaha give me a break!!!!
Well the whole point is because they need light weight fighters for their new divison because we all know, they are having a light weight division now. . . . so the best way to get talent that has some experience at light weight is to do it on another ultimate fighter, given the fact that well. . . . it won't be that interesting, but they need fighters and who knows it might be a good season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
I think the reason they are using old fighters is because of the lack of new talent. To me it seemed that the fighters on the show got worse with each new season. Of course there were some standouts in seasons 2 & 3 but season 1 had the best fighters by far. I think season 4 will give them more time to scout for some up-and-coming talent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Extreme MMA said:
I think the reason they are using old fighters is because of the lack of new talent. To me it seemed that the fighters on the show got worse with each new season. Of course there were some standouts in seasons 2 & 3 but season 1 had the best fighters by far. I think season 4 will give them more time to scout for some up-and-coming talent.
I could definitly agree with that. . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
I'm looking forward to the next seaason of TUF. I really did'nt care for TUF3, Tito and Ken acting like a couple of sixth graders, it made me sick. I was, however, impressed with Tito's coaching and his heart ,he really took his job seriously as a coach. Their fight exactly the way I thought it would.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Extreme MMA said:
I think the reason they are using old fighters is because of the lack of new talent. To me it seemed that the fighters on the show got worse with each new season. Of course there were some standouts in seasons 2 & 3 but season 1 had the best fighters by far. I think season 4 will give them more time to scout for some up-and-coming talent.
I think they know where there is talent, but not everyone tries out or agrees to appear that they might want on the show.

At least they opened auditions in the UK for TUF3, maybe they should consider going further afield again for TUF5?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
well true we don't get to see up and coming fighters but in a positive note, these guys are experienced so the fights won't be dull, they will be out there knowing what they are doing and should be some good fights anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
im sure more than half of the guys on the cast (even if they dont win) will be in the UFC again....as they do with EVERY season of TUF.....I'm not really gonna complain too much about it, i mean its free fights were getting to watch right? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
I think it's a great format, this time we get to see fighters who have lost the plot a little and need a boost get a second chance and raise their profile. For them it's an amazing opportunity.

BTW can we have this thread in the Ultimate Fighter forum? :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
id rather see upcoming younger guys but i still think there could be some good fights..i dont care what none of u guys say about cote cuz hes a tuff guy, same thing with jorge rivera..and does ne one know if nick diaz is reall gonna be in the show..if he is thats retarded, he young and real good, he just lost close matches to some tuff guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Diaz was originally on the lineup then not when it was finalised. Not sure if he was injured, dropped or just pulled out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
teampunishment.50web said:
I think they know where there is talent, but not everyone tries out or agrees to appear that they might want on the show.

At least they opened auditions in the UK for TUF3, maybe they should consider going further afield again for TUF5?

Rumor is that TUF5 will be all European. Dana wants to focus on the expansion of the UFC overseas. TUF5 will be part of that focus.

My guess is that Pride and UFC are on a collision course toward a merger in a few years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
TUF3 had a ***** like Noah in it. If that guy ended up in as a potential UF then they need a new way to find true fighters. Not to mention those two guys that turned down a chance to come back. TUF4 wiil have hungry fighters. The coaches could be better though

BTW, TUF needs some nasty little guys from Vietnam or some poor country for the lightweight contract. He'd pratically fight to the death. A really sick idea, but would yeild a good fight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
I really like the format. You have a bunch of guys who are hungry and want back into the big show. There are some guys with alot of skill in there too. All of the fights should be pretty good because these guys know what they are doing. I think it is going to be great.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top