Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else heard that TUF IV will consist of aging veterans who want to make a comeback? If so does anyone know any of the fighters that will be featured? Who would you like to see??

I for one would love to see Tank Abbott.

·
:|.Pie.|:
3,859 Posts
If this is true than i would watch every show. enough of the amature fights. I guys will push the action. NO Standing around for 5 mins. This show would kick ass.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Tank would be awesome, but does anybody really think that he's going to make a UFC comeback. Don't get me wrong, I love Tank, but we've got to be realistic.

I definitely want to see the rosters for this new season as soon as it comes out.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Hmmm... Interesting idea. I would love to see it. I'll give a list of fighters I would like to see.

Don Frye
Dan Severn
Mark Coleman
Marco Ruas
Oleg Taktarov
Tank Abbott
Jerry Bohlander
Pete Williams
Pedro Rizzo
Mikey Burnett
Maurice Smith
Patt Smith
Frank Shamrock
Randy Couture
Mark Kerr

John Hess (Just kidding)

Too many others to list. It would take me an entire day to think of all the old schoolers that I would like to see back fighting. This realy brings to mind the question that has been asked before. What about a legends division in the UFC?

·
Registered
222 Posts
My pick would be Don Frye and Patt Smith. Mark Coleman is in Pride so I don't think he would be able to do it. Tank would be entertaining but I'm not sure what he has to offer in the way of training advice besides knocking people out.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It'd be cool to see Randy Couture back and doing this. Hopefully they go through with this idea. But for a change how about like, half veterans wanting to make a comeback and half newcomers trying to get in? That'd be cool in my opinion.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Well, I just learned that it in fact is true that they will be having vets in the next TUF. They have confirmed that Patrick Cote will be on the show.

"We wish Mr. Cote success in his future with TUF 4 and the UFC," Crawford tells FCF. "That is truly every fighters dream. Unfortunately we need him to defend his title and because of contractual obligations with UFC he cannot. It was a pleasure having Mr. Cote as our Champion. We just wish it could have been for a longer term. He is a class act and a great fighter."

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've got to give Dana White credit for trying to keep TUF interesting,I'm interested in next season already.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Rush said:
I want Pat Miletich on the show so he will kick everyone's ***. He is definitely one of the top five UFC fighters of all time, no question. And he is a machine.

Pat Militich's reputation as a trainer has almost surpassed his reputation as a fighter, and he was a great fighter. I would love to see him as a trainer on TUF.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Keithpas said:
Pat Militich's reputation as a trainer has almost surpassed his reputation as a fighter, and he was a great fighter. I would love to see him as a trainer on TUF.
I absolutely agree. Militich (if he can pull away from his current training) vs. Frank Shamrock (if Frank isn't in it).

The Shamrock name needs to come back from the embarassment it suffered under Ken this season.

·
Registered
222 Posts
USMCgrappler said:
I absolutely agree. Militich (if he can pull away from his current training) vs. Frank Shamrock (if Frank isn't in it).

The Shamrock name needs to come back from the embarassment it suffered under Ken this season.

I agree that Ken Shamrock has not done himself any favors this season on TUF. I do try to keep in mind that reality television can be manipulated to sometimes make things appear a certain way but in this case it sort of looked like Ken mailed it in and his fighters paid the price. Frank Shamrock would be an excellent choice. I don;t think any fighters would give Pat Militich the kind of attitude they gave Ken this season.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
USMCgrappler said:
Yeah lol. Frank Shamrock is a great fighter as Ken embaresses his last name and makes Frank look silly. Frank and Ken should actually have a fight. Shamrock .vs. Shamrock, lol. Frank wins by KO first round I bet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
TUF IV announces advisors....Randy Coture and Georges St Pierre

I think it's great that Randy doesn't slip into obscurity after his retirement. He could offer a great deal of insight and direction to the already well known fighters.....but will they listen or are their egos to inflated?

Bring back Cabbage!

hey,
With all the hype and coverage that the advisors are going to get this season you guys may be interested in the domain names I have open for offers. I was going to start forums and blog sites of my own but I won't have time. Just let me know if your interested. These domains are very desirable.

Randy-Couture.com
Georges-StPierre.com

1 - 20 of 22 Posts