Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I constructed a lift of my own design.

You need a bench-press bar and a comfortable amount of weight for starters use a total of about 60 pounds.

Lie yourself down on the floor, stretch your hands behind your head palm side skywards, grasp the bar as such and pull the bar to 90-degrees or above your head, if you want you can lower the bar for a bench-press if not lower the bar back behind your head.

All I can say right now is I can do 10 of these lifts at any time. I did 4 sets Monday and Tuesday, and I can say that the lift targets the shoulders to a high-degree.

Would anyone know of a name for this lift or what benefits it would have other that strengthening your shoulder joints?

·
Registered
607 Posts
What good comes from the pull-over lift?
Depends on how you do you it, but it can be used to hit your back (lats) or triceps if you add in a press. I've read it helps with the chest, but I've never personally felt it in my chest...

If you want it to hit your lats then pull it over very close to your body and fairly far down your torso.

Triceps pull it about even with your forehead and then press.

You can also youtube the exercise for more precise form explanations

edit- you can also use a dumbbell, which I prefer to use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.