Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Resident Drunk
3,716 Posts
Not trying to show you up, but this is him describing the event right after it happened. This vid is more detailed and more entertaining in my opinion.

He starts speaking about that Bali fight about 2 minutes into the video.

·
Resident Drunk
3,716 Posts
Cool, and yeah I found this story very entertaining and interesting. He's pretty articulate as well and described the brawl of sorts with good detail.

Also the dude is a pimp. There aren't many 5"6 dudes in the world who can fight 10 to 12 guys with weapons and manage to knock them down down and bust them up and live to talk about it.

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts
I carry a glock that holds 16 rounds with 1 in the chamber. (glock 23, .40cal) Five or six guys try to jump me? No problem.

:thumb02:

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
guns are the worst weapons for close combat situations. you just end up getting killed by 5 guys if thats what they want.

better pull it out real early.

·
It Lurks...
676 Posts
guns are the worst weapons for close combat situations. you just end up getting killed by 5 guys if thats what they want.

If mine comes out its getting used... Not to mention very few people have the skill or the balls to attempt a disarm. Granted, disarming a person with a pistol is easier than one armed with a knife, the report alone is typically enough to make the other four question their decision(not to mention watching their buddy get smoked). They're called the great equalizer for a reason al.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
689 Posts
thats what happens when you start doing wrestling shit on the street, if you you just stand and fight than usually you should be okay but if you hit someone when they are down or take it to the ground, people just see red and mob ya

·
Banned
689 Posts

·
The Forum Drunk
9,450 Posts

I disagree. Its perfect for close combat situations. If its dark and im really drunk I can hit anyone within 10feet without taking any time for aiming. I'm not throwing out the kind of rounds that I need to hit someone in any specific spot to stop them.

If urijah had a gun in this situation he could have killed all of his attackers without any problem.

thats what happens when you start doing wrestling shit on the street, if you you just stand and fight than usually you should be okay but if you hit someone when they are down or take it to the ground, people just see red and mob ya
oh yea, no one is saying you should go to the ground in a street fight. its a death wish, and people will mob and stomp you out with ease.

·
ROCKET FISTS
5,743 Posts
[email protected] discrediting MMA when it's the only thing that kept a 5'6", 150lb man alive in a 5-10 armed person thugging.

Of course if it was a big dude with instant KO power like JDS it would have been better but let's not forget, Uriah is a little dude and it still seemed like he handled himself just fine.

Plus I remember a story not to long ago where Hardonk knocks down two big muggers like instantly and sends the third packing. Having an MMA background and a little military disarmament training is probably the only combo for staying alive in a situation like this. That is of course, besides turning the other cheek and leaving the club like Faber should have done.

And Xeberus, good luck with shooting to kill. Not to be offensive but people who have their license to carry are almost always the same kind of awkward guys who you know for sure would never be able to do it, they just want the confidence that comes with having a piece. I keep a gun under my bed because I live in Buffalo but I know for sure I could never shoot to kill unless it was dark and I didn't have to look the guy in the face or even really acknowledge him as being a human.

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
If urijah had a gun in this situation he could have killed all of his attackers without any problem.

It's hard to tell.. It's not like the attackers were standing in line for Faber, they were probably all around him, and with weapons. If he'd have a gun, I'm sure the ones who's not in front of the gun would try to keep him from shooting by hitting etc. But you never know.

[email protected] discrediting MMA when it's the only thing that kept a 5'6", 150lb man alive in a 5-10 armed person thugging.
this

·
Registered
925 Posts
I carry a glock that holds 16 rounds with 1 in the chamber. (glock 23, .40cal) Five or six guys try to jump me? No problem.

:thumb02:
Unfortunately in a foreign country that would get you in ever deeper trouble and in many States will get you prison time, even if you’re defending yourself.

Kind of a screwed up world where the victim is punished and the thug protected.

I’m back to carrying again when I travel but I hope to never have to use it, I’m not in a hurry to end up in prison.

·
M.I.A
2,550 Posts
1 on 1 = Best chance learning mma

1 on 10 = Best chance to be a great boxer

me vs you = .357, and a 1911 soon to come.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts