Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Title Guy
18,078 Posts
So that just means that they can't get popped for an out of competition random drug test, that doesn't mean that state athletic commissions can't still pop them. Either way weed doesn't count as a hard drug and it does have medicinal properties in certain situations. But I'm sure everyone can agree a fighter shouldn't be smoking it while training.

·
Premium Member
7,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't speak from experience.

But know that some smoke it for "pain relief".

For aching muscles, joints, etc.

·
The Title Guy
18,078 Posts
Yeah but with CBD oils, ointments and other types of over the counter medication it is possible to get the pain relief benefits without actually getting high for example. Not to mention people don't mention the lung issues that smoking weed causes. It may not be as bad as regular cigarettes but it can still be bad for the lungs and there are other issues.

·
Premium Member
7,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AFAIK. No research or studies on cannabis can be trusted. They used old and moldy street weed for testing and were funded by big pharma.

Cannabis is known to have anti tumor (anti cancer) effects as far back as the 1960s or 1970s.

Over the counter medication can actually be the worst due to many doctors accepting illegal kickback $$ in exchange for overprescribing them.

CBD vs cannabis -- I'm not certain what the pros versus cons breakdown would look like. No one would unless they have a 100% clean and organic supply of weed to work with.

I don't even smoke weed so none of this affects me, personally. I just try to keep the record straight and on the up and up.

·
The Title Guy
18,078 Posts
Well if you're saying studies and research can't be trusted then what's to say that anything else can be trusted about what is said about weed? Sure big pharma has reason to disprove weed but the weed and CBD companies also have reason to promote weed. Everything is ultimately about money.

·
Premium Member
7,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if you're saying studies and research can't be trusted then what's to say that anything else can be trusted about what is said about weed? Sure big pharma has reason to disprove weed but the weed and CBD companies also have reason to promote weed. Everything is ultimately about money.

Weed and CBD are small money.

Big pharma is big money.

Big money Francis Ngannou would open as a betting favorite against small money Demetrious Johnson for a reason.

I would think so anyways.

·
The Title Guy
18,078 Posts
If weed is small money then why are the drug cartels always selling it in areas where it's illegal? Also, you can't deny that there are negative effects to smoking weed. To deny that is dishonest.

·
Premium Member
7,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
US healthcare and big pharma are trillion dollar industry.

The illegal weed industry is measured in billions.

Most weed isn't grown organic.

They have pesticides and other things mixed in. Which is probably where negative effects stem from.

People consume so many different supplements, vitamins. Its hard to keep track. Some things people blame weed for, could be caused by consuming energy drinks or a mixture of things.

·
The Title Guy
18,078 Posts
As I've said before, I'm not opposed to using weed for medicinal purposes or for other medical uses like for cancer or Glocoma, but I'm still actively opposed to recreationally smoking it. Even if it were pure organically grown there are still issues ingesting it that way. Also I do agree that mixtures of weed with other stuff can cause issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good news. Although I'm for a healthy lifestyle, now there will not be so many disqualified. CBD offers good potential benefits and few risks. If it improves recovery as a pain reliever, anti-inflammatory, and sleep aid, then it has great potential to improve athletic performance. And if it gets athletes to reduce consumption of NSAIDs, opioids, and prescription sleep aids, those are even more significant victories. I talked to a friend, he is also a fighter, and he told me that he sometimes used CBD to relieve his pain. He ordered them from here Seedsman Discount Code - Get 25% OFF w/code 20AS-256495.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use marijuana as prescribed by a doctor for medical purposes. Actually, due to a strong blow in training, I started having headaches that the pills could not cope with. I usually track the quality of marijuana with https://parsl.co since I need pure hemp without impurities, and of course it is important to me that the conditions of its storage are observed. I use it in the evenings before going to bed once a day to ease my condition a little. Therefore, I don't see anything wrong with weed. On the other hand, I do not participate in competitions after an injury.

·
The Title Guy
18,078 Posts
I've always seen it as an addiction just like tobacco or alcohol which makes it a moral wrong more then anything, but I do believe that when used correctly like anything else can be a good thing. Obviously you use medical marijuana correctly and if it helps you that's good. Also it should be treated in training like alcohol where they can't walk in high.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts