Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
His first loss on a fight that meant everything to him. He was frustrated with himself; not a sore loser...

·
Registered
27 Posts
got to admit, i was pretty disapointed with Rogers reaction. Sore loser, i can understand being upset but he just put on a good showing against the greatest heavy weight in the world who has pretty much beaten everyone there is to beat.

Rogers doesnt deserve another shot just yet, I think fedor would KO him again.

BTW the KO makes it all the more sweet.

·
Registered
258 Posts
What's he supposed to do? Ask Fedor to drop his trunks and pucker up?

I like Rogers, he seems a real honest dude with a **** load of heart. He'll be disappointed because it's a shot no MMA fighter should get hit with.

He wasn'tt disrespecting anyone.

·
Banned
0 Posts
He's pissed mixed with the fact that he wants to keep his name in the conversation....he was a jerk and should have shown more respect but he is thug..he grew up in Cabrini green in Chicago super rough ghetto so he really has always talked similar just tonight he was pissed cuz he got caught....

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's he supposed to do? Ask Fedor to drop his trunks and pucker up?

I like Rogers, he seems a real honest dude with a **** load of heart. He'll be disappointed because it's a shot no MMA fighter should get hit with.

He wasn'tt disrespecting anyone.
guess it was me but was expecting a little more class and professionalism from bret. Like i've seen the worst of them act with more class and professionalism after a lost (kimbo slice).

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
he should have taken it better but w/e he doesnt get paid to make speeches post fight, he gets paid to fight. I like what he said that he should have thrown his hands more, he seemed to have a distinct advantage in most exchanges, hopefully its a learning experience for him, he fared alot better then most

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am so mad at Bret Rogers> he should have given Fedor his props. I felt Bret did a good job but he lost the first round also. He was acting like he had the fight and he was robbed.

·
Registered
258 Posts
guess it was me but was expecting a little more class and professionalism from bret. Like i've seen the worst of them act with more class and professionalism after a lost (kimbo slice).
Ummm, maybe i missed something. He got asked about the fight, he shows that he's annoyed with himself, should have thrown more punches etc.

Where is the disrespect towards Fedor there? Do you literally want him to kiss his ass?

And because he didn't, you don't like him any more? Grow up mate.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ummm, maybe i missed something. He got asked about the fight, he shows that he's annoyed with himself, should have thrown more punches etc.

Where is the disrespect towards Fedor there? Do you literally want him to kiss his ass?

And because he didn't you don't like him any more? Grow up mate.
i would expect him to show a little respect to fedor and not pretending like he was ko because of a fluke...what was his word again.... i’m going to let my hands go next time believe that....

·
Registered
241 Posts
If this were his last fight on his SF contract and I were Dana White, I'd fly over to St. Paul just to sign this guy. He showed a lot of potential and deserves a lot of respect for mounting Fedor and dropping some bombs even though (with all those Fedor fights I have seen) the armbar was really obvious. His gameplan was good but it was a rookie mistake to hesitate when trying to get into a swinging match (which he also shouldn't have done) with the best swinger.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

And because he didn't, you don't like him any more? Grow up mate.
No...He also said that if he threw more punches, he would have "thrown" him. And he kept repeating that. Well "if " Fedor wasn't a great fighter, he would have lost. But he is a great fighter. So I was a little annoyed with those comments as well.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Rogers came into this fight believing he was going to win. Part of his mental training was eliminating the mystique of Fedor. Its not that he was intentionally disrespecting anybody, just dissapointed and shocked he didn't win. Its not like he said Fedor didn't deserve it. I bet if you interviewed him an hour later he would be a lot more objective. If anything it just shows he wants to win.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Rogers is just another Ghetto prodigy,, he want be crap ,, especially after his attitude after the fight,, show alittle more self containment,, he reminded me of that shit that Lesnar pulled after the last Mir fight, they are both douches,, with the exception that brock is more respectful

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
putting the comments aside i think brett can do some serious damage in the ufc hw division and possibly winning the title. I don't see him beating fedor in sf anytime soon.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I would have liked to see Grim show some props, but he seemed to be in a F'ed up state of mind :angry08: Hopefully he gets his head back in the game right away and continues to improve.

The whole re-match talk at the end of the fight was a little akward....I mean it was a good fight but not one of those machida/shogun fights.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i would expect him to show a little respect to fedor and not pretending like he was ko because of a fluke...what was his word again.... i’m going to let my hands go next time believe that....
Ah, jaysus sure. Your just being far too precious in that case.

Roles reversed you'd not be on here crying like a little girl about it, beliv dat!!! :thumb02:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would have liked to see Grim show some props, but he seemed to be in a F'ed up state of mind :angry08: Hopefully he gets his head back in the game right away and continues to improve.

The whole re-match talk at the end of the fight was a little akward....I mean it was a good fight but not one of those machida/shogun fights.
Agreed. I thought it was a stupid question for Gus Johnson to ask Fedor and Rodgers; if they do have a rematch it won't be in the near future.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Agreed. I thought it was a stupid question for Gus Johnson to ask Fedor and Rodgers; if they do have a rematch it won't be in the near future.
So true. I was put off by that question and it takes away from the decisiveness of the victory. Its not like it went to decision. What he should have asked is if he wanted to fight Overeem for the SF HW title--it would be perfect since they could build up to the next CBS event with that main event. That announcer (Gus) shouldnt even be doing what he is doing anyways. He is very under educated and I am sure Ranallo can more than handle the job with Frank. A two man team is way better than a three man team who dont know what their respective roles are.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts