Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/archives/147#more-147

M-1 Global president Vadim Finklestein thinks that a deal could still be reached with the UFC that could see the Russian heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko join the organisation, despite the bad feeling that has thus
far existed between M-1 and the UFC.

Speaking to Russian magazine ProSport (the article was replicated on Sports.ru website) Finkelstein was asked if he thinks a deal is still possible.

“I think yes. But not on the same terms they offered us before. We will not let ourselves to get owned. Fedor became very popular [already] outside the Octagon. So, long story short:

1. We would like to receive guaranteed payments. I know that if we agree for percents, they will cheat us.

2. Maybe not a co-promotion (like we offered before), but at least co-branding. 3. They also will have to permit Fedor participating in ***** competitions, and during our last negotiations UFC were ready
for that term,” he said.

However, the comments could be part of a chess game with Strikeforce. M-1 is trying to bring as much pressure as possible to bear for an immediate rematch with Fabricio Werdum, who submitted Fedor in 69
seconds when they fought on June 26th.

“We are ready to fight against anyone, but everyone agrees that the most interesting fight right now is the rematch against Fabricio Werdum. We have one fight left on our contract, so if Strikeforce want
to extend it, they should listen to our opinion,” Finkelstein said.

“Fedor will fight again sometime between October and November… the only thing fans want to see is Fedor vs Werdum II. Fabricio himself said that he would like to rematch Fedor in Russia. That would be
great, but this fight will not happen in Russia,” he added, outlining
how the rematch would have to happen in the US for financial reasons.

Strikeforce is known to be keen on having either Fedor or Werdum fighting Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem next. M-1 do not seem at all keen on a meeting with Overeem, despite a title being
on the line, and perhaps feel that a rematch with Werdum offers a
better chance of victory and thus a stronger negotiating position for a
second contract.

source: FightersOnly

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'd love to see Fedor in the UFC but I think he would be better at LHW the HW's in the ufc are just to big IMO for smaller HW's to compete with.

·
Registered
750 Posts
and the epic comment in this article is "We will not let ourselves to get owned" lol

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
There´s much more skill at UFC LHW division than in the HW division, so it´s better for him to remain as a HW (it seems to me that it´s one of the reasons why he remained unbeaten for so long).
After UFC 116 it became clear that Fedor would really have good chance to win against both the running chicken Lesnar and the 4 minutes gas tank Carwin. :D

War Fedor

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I still love Fedor, loss or not, UFC or not, and I still think he's a great fighter and one of MMA's best-of-all-time. That being said, I don't care if he gets into the UFC or not. I don't think it'll be a successful move for him and his career seems to be winding down. If he comes into the UFC, great. If not, just as well.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Not going to happen. Not going to bother even getting my hopes up. Don't see Fedor ever signing with the UFC. I'd love to see it, but it's very unlikely.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If Fedor wants to fight the best in the world then he will join.
But it seems to me he is happy fighting B-class oppenents while winding down his career.

Anyways, Fv*k Fedor and his team of Russin gangsters who pose as his managers and advisors..
Fedor needs the UFC more then the UFC need Fedor..

Fedor has been living on his reputation for the last few years now, its about time he walks the walk and starts fighting world class oppenents again instead of the tomato cans he is usually fed..

Man I bet his gang of Russian mobsters nearly choked on their vodka when Fedor tapped to Werdum.. They instantly thought "Oh sh*t, there goes our golden goose. Best phone up Dana quick before he changes his mind" Haha. Serves them right for trying to hold the UFC to ransom when all they got is 1 bloody fighter to bargain with.

·
Great Googly Moogly!
1,407 Posts
How is co-branding different than co-promotion? Do they want to sell M-1 Fedor shirts with the UFC logo plastered behind M-1? Do they want to be recognized as a sponsor and have their logo somewhere on the cage? (Something that Dana said he offered them, didn't he offer a ring-post too?)

Guaranteed payments are what exactly? They want a salary from the UFC? All the money up front for the fight, no show/win payments?

Sure these terms are slightly more acceptable than the original offers we heard but it seems they are trying to get as much money as possible and then run. Look at what they did to Strikeforce. After Fedor's first win they wanted to overhaul his contract.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
SF is far from a legit company. They are even willing to give Fedor a title match after a loss, just like Rogers. So I guess in Strikeforce you don't have to win, and who knows, you could still be given a title shot.

Fedor is silly also. WHat a bunch of tools. Give us this fight or else...they are basically saying.

**** Fedor, let him go to Japan and put on freak shows.

·
Abusive
1,806 Posts
It's stupid to think that Fedor will be in the UFC, and extremely stupid to think Fedor will be in the UFC under those terms. The only way we'll see Fedor in the UFC is by Fedor actually leaving M-1.

·
Squirrel Fighting Champ
2,719 Posts
Yawn. Fedor will never fight in the UFC as long as he's a coowner of M-1. They're the UFC's biggest competition in Europe. And last time I checked White was in no position where he needed to bend over and give M-1's ass a smooch. Honestly, Fedor is almost a non-issue in the UFC. The organization got along just fine without Fedor during the Pride years(and even killed Pride in the process) and will do just fine without him.

Honestly there is only 1 fight I want to see Fedor in: Emelianenko vs Silva. And if that won't happen, I could care less if he joins the UFC.

·
Premium Member
12,900 Posts
Maybe this had to happen in order for Fedor to finally come to the UFC whether it's a ploy or not. I'm sure their stance has changed. Everybody knows this.

Fedor in my books would get immediate challenge to the title, BUT to appease the masses probably one fight against
Cain, Carwin, JDS then title shot just like Anderson Silva and even Rampage.

Fedor vs Werdum II. Fedor crushes Werdum (although I think he's dope) then joins the UFC. Not long after Overeem will follow and that will be the demise of Strike Force.

Let the games begin.

·
Premium Member
9,226 Posts
It honestly seems as if M1 are scrambling to get back on the proverbial horse, and I don't think Dana wants any of it... I think he loves turning down their demands in this post-Werdum world... Every time they come up with a new suggestion Dana smiles, laughs, nod his head to get their hopes up and then says "no"... I can actually see this happening for real :p

Love evil Dana ;)

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Maybe in some alternate reality fedor destroys Werdum and Overeem then comes to Dana with hat in hand.

I think in this reality the best we'll see is Fedor finishing his career dismantling the best hw's that get cut from the UFC.

Maybe a Kimbo trilogy?

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
Maybe in some alternate reality fedor destroys Werdum and Overeem then comes to Dana with hat in hand.

I think in this reality the best we'll see is Fedor finishing his career dismantling the best hw's that get cut from the UFC.

Maybe a Kimbo trilogy?
I got Kimbo via neck crank :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts