Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Valentina Shevchenko versus Ilima-Lei Macfarlane
Valentina just had a NASTY headkick over Jessica Eye and MacFarlane landed the NASTIEST ELBOW vs Arteaga in Bellator. Who would win? Who is the best Flyweight?

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
I don't think Ilimalei has the athleticism or well rounded game to take on Valentina. She would have to improve more and work on her strength and conditioning before she had a decent chance of winning.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Macfarlane gets outclassed. Valentina has a good patient ground game and doesn't make stupid mistakes on the mat like Ilima-lei's recent opponents. This is a woman who survived almost a full round on the ground against Nunes without getting beaten to death like the rest of Amanda's opponents since she joined ATT. Macfarlane will be completely outclassed on the feet and struggle to get Valentina down, and even if she does she's not going to get much done. There's a huge gap in skills & athleticism between Macfarlane and Shevchenko.

·
The Title Guy
17,311 Posts
Yeah I must concur with everyone else that while I like Ilima-Lei very much Bullet Valentina is just on a completely different level compared to literally everyone else in the flyweight division. She beat Holly Holm in their fight and the two fights that she lost they were by decision. Valentina has an overall game and athleticism that makes her the overall superior athlete.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts