Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

WHO THINKS IT WASN'T FAIR FOR ED'S COACH TO VISIT

  • AGREE

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • DISAGREE

    Votes: 7 50.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry but who else thought it was wrong for Ed to have Randy visit him for his fight.I think his fight may have been different if he didn't have a morall boost by his coach THE NATURAL come to watch.Nobody else got that.Look at Noah quitting over a phone call that they couldn't let anyone else have.Dana that was WRONG!!!!!!!:cheeky4:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
I completely agree Shamrock had no right to call in Randy if Ed didn't have the heart to fight he doesn't deserve to be in the UFC did Forrest, Diego or Cummo lose heart so close to the end no.

Giving Ed a moral boost so close to the end of TUF ruins the whole point of the damn show its meant to find the most dedicated and talented fighters not cry babys who can't fight without their coach there to hol there hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't think it was fair to the other fighters.Although I think Rory didn't have the heart to stay fighting.He doesn't like getting hurt and loses that part of the game but physically he's a good fighter not in reality though because in this sport you get hurt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Moral is a big thing, dont count that out. I didnt notice Randy there though.

Ed doesnt have the skills either. I hope Kendall rips his head off :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
in the big show at actual match you can not control who is at ring side sometimes they are hostile sometimes they are not. so why should it be any different at TUF. It should not matter who is at ring side and I am sure most of the big competitors could care less who is at ring side. I know when I compete I perfer a hostile enviorment I do not feel any pressure if everyone is favoring my opponent regardless of what I am competing in in fact I feed off that if they are going against me. I feel as if there is no pressure so if I loose I met the crowds expectations if I win well all the better cause I get to see them upset at their person losing, it makes me compete harder for the crowd being against me just to show them wrong. I am more nervous when I have "fans" in the stand becasue they expect more of me and I get nervous becasue I do not want to let them down. So it does vary from competitor to competitor.. Gods my spelling suck.. does this thing have a spell checker built in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree I have to say that Kendal is the most improved.His height and reach helpred him in his first fight I didn't think he had much game although now he has improved alot.Great job Tito for being an awesome motivator and trainer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Ya I agree, it was kind of bullshit, I mean, then they should've let Noah make the call to his girlfriend. But since it was almost the end of this season, I guess they made an exception.
 

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
I was kinda confues by the question of the poll......BUt i though it was fine for him to come cause he is the natural
 

·
True Grappler
Joined
·
6,222 Posts
sl1ck said:
Ed doesnt have the skills either. I hope Kendall rips his head off :thumbsup:
I think you might be forgetting the part where ed won. I don't think that the fight would have gone any differently, becuase ed's focus was on the fight, not on who is sitting in the chairs around the ring. He's fought alot of MMA fights, and he treats these ones just the same.......... except that his coach for these fights sucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
IronMan said:
I think you might be forgetting the part where ed won. I don't think that the fight would have gone any differently, becuase ed's focus was on the fight, not on who is sitting in the chairs around the ring. He's fought alot of MMA fights, and he treats these ones just the same.......... except that his coach for these fights sucks.

as said and any athlete should know this it does not matter who is watching your focus needs to be on the task at hand.
 

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
It's not like randy was coaching him, he just a spectator....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
111 Posts
Acually i dont see this poll being anygood at all..i mean what does it matter if Randy came ? Mike whitehead got to train with his coach Matt Hughes the whole compition..lol
 

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
OWNED! DADA does have a point but it was a guest appearance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I still say a guest appearance only for Ed is wrong.I do agree that Ed still would have won but nobody is aloud to have any contact with the outside world.Unless going to the doctors or hospital.I do disagree that the fight would have been exactly the same because I think Ed needed a pick me up and you could see his mindset was different after Randy showed up.I also think that where a fighter's head is when he goes into a fight makes a tremendous difference in how they perform.Ed also didn't look so hot and is overrated.I do think he has a great chance of winning and I do think that Kendall has improved alot.We'll all find out whether or not he improved enough though.
 

·
True Grappler
Joined
·
6,222 Posts
floridagirl said:
I still say a guest appearance only for Ed is wrong.I do agree that Ed still would have won but nobody is aloud to have any contact with the outside world.Unless going to the doctors or hospital.I do disagree that the fight would have been exactly the same because I think Ed needed a pick me up and you could see his mindset was different after Randy showed up.I also think that where a fighter's head is when he goes into a fight makes a tremendous difference in how they perform.Ed also didn't look so hot and is overrated.I do think he has a great chance of winning and I do think that Kendall has improved alot.We'll all find out whether or not he improved enough though.
The point of this is to find the best fighter and so the mental game has to play a part, but if the best fighter loses interest, and ed is the best fighter and he was losing interest, then you have to find a way to ensure that the best fighter performs.

Whether or not we thinks it's right doesn't matter, because Dana needed to find a way to motivate the best fighter in thh middleweight class and if that means having his coach show up than fine. I think having Randy there had just as much effect on Josh Haynes' fight as it did on ed's, probably more, because ed was going to beat Rory's ass anyway.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top