Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something tells me that this little video is 100% ACCURATE and this is what james is doing every day.

I love it every time he calls Randy a bitch.

Randy smiles and laughs it off but, I think he'll remember in the cage.

Anyway... here he is the "Real ultimate fighter"...

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not impressed with his training during the video. imo he's going to gas in the first round.
The first time Randy gets ahold of him long enough to get a little lactic acid in his arms, his only (small) threat is gone. I hope Randy doesn't rush things.

GREAT avitar of my favorite show. I believe that was the ride home from prison. Canadian trailer parks are a lot like NC. trailer parks aren't they?!:thumb02:

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
The first time Randy gets ahold of him long enough to get a little lactic acid in his arms, his only (small) threat is gone. I hope Randy doesn't rush things.

GREAT avitar of my favorite show. I believe that was the ride home from prison. Canadian trailer parks are a lot like NC. trailer parks aren't they?!:thumb02:
TPB is the absolute best. I'd like to see Ricky interview James Toney.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I do not see anything special about his gym or training. All I see is more Toney Talk.
I am a huge Randy fan but I see Randy getting clipped and struggling after that. BUT I will say that Randy is a VERY SMART fighter and is aware of the dangers Toney possesses.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Tony has a punchers chance, but this fat slob is going to look like a turtle trying to fight off of his back within the first 2 minutes of the fight.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Toney's gonna have to train, footwork, basic clinch/td escape/defense extensively if he wants to take this one, put down the hammer down and start rolling.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Toney's gonna have to train, footwork, basic clinch/td escape/defense extensively if he wants to take this one, put down the hammer down and start rolling.

exactly what I was thinking..... way to work on your takedown defense there toney....

though it was only a small part of his training... we'll see on the 28th

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
I never really understood the point of hammer shots. what is it supposed to do? or is it just one of those things that everyone does for the heck of it?

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HAHAHAHA!! it just keeps getting better! someone please tell me if I heard this right! Toney is now hooked up with M-1 global???

You have got to respect the team he's built.:praise01:

edit: y'all know this is the "FIGHT OF THE CENTURY":rolleyes:

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
Toney is a class act and I cant wait for this fight. He will shock the world and slay the dragon known as "the natural"

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I hope that video was edited on purpose to make his training look pathetic, or that they were just starting to warm up or were playing around after their actual workout. If not, Toney is going to die of exhaustion in the first round.

·
All Eyez on Me
2,481 Posts
Do you have any idea the kind of conditioning is required to be a top boxer? I dont think you do.

Toney can go 12 rounds easy. just tune in august 28th and watch randy take a nap in the middle of the octagon.

Oldfan, I really hope you are reconsidering your pick for this fight. :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
HAHAHAHA!! it just keeps getting better! someone please tell me if I heard this right! Toney is now hooked up with M-1 global???

You have got to respect the team he's built.:praise01:

edit: y'all know this is the "FIGHT OF THE CENTURY":rolleyes:
What do boxing fans tell you these days when they run into you:

"kick their ass"

and MMA fans:

"james, why are you doing this to us?"

LMAO!!!!

·
'Man of Stone'
430 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing the fight. I believe Toney has a great chance at taking Randy but experience in the cage is most likely going to determine this fight 100%.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do you have any idea the kind of conditioning is required to be a top boxer? I dont think you do.

Toney can go 12 rounds easy. just tune in august 28th and watch randy take a nap in the middle of the octagon.

Oldfan, I really hope you are reconsidering your pick for this fight. :)
Actually I do know from experience that stand up conditioning has very little to do with grappling condition. It's 2 different worlds and toney will find himself in a new one.

The only thing I'm reconsidering is the pink theme for your new sig:cheeky4:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts