Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
any think that has no iron. Iron is bad for men good for women. our livers tend to retain iron, and that is bad. I take a generic brand for men.:cheeky4:

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's bad because you probably have enough of it and getting anymore could give you iron poisoning with is really bad. Women can use the iron though because they loose a lot of blood during that time of the month.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Eh..MultiVitamins help with your well-being and your health....and it gives you the nutrients that you arent taking in... I take 2 MultiVit pills ....1 in the morning and one in the evening :)...i also take Fish oil capsules...and Flax oil..but im gonna stop with the Flax oil because i dunno wether or not the rumor is true. the rumor is that it could increase the chance of getting Prostate cancer...I am not exactly positive ...i read that somewhere :p ...i dont mind the fish burps anyways so..fish oil capsules it is!

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
Everything increases the risk of cancer. Being alive increases the risk of cancer.

I would take a multivitamin and a dietary supplement, because that will definitely get you your recomended doseage.

·
Banned
0 Posts
IronMan said:
Everything increases the risk of cancer. Being alive increases the risk of cancer.

I would take a multivitamin and a dietary supplement, because that will definitely get you your recomended doseage.
Oh yah i forgot the whole world is cancer =D ...lol...good point anyways...I might get a dietary supp but i dont really need it.... :S... i might wanna get ZMA or whatever that stuff is.....

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
jaymackz said:
Oh yah i forgot the whole world is cancer =D ...lol...good point anyways...I might get a dietary supp but i dont really need it.... :S... i might wanna get ZMA or whatever that stuff is.....
No one really needs a dietary supplement, but it is really helpful for training and muscle recovery.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site. >>> animal multi vit pack. 24 dollars for 44 packs(11 pills per pack) so 44 days worth. Just read the label dont waste your money on any other product I have tinkered with my body so much and by far and away if your going to use any one supplement this is essential. :) good luck

·
Banned
0 Posts
kyle1 said:
Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site. >>> animal multi vit pack. 24 dollars for 44 packs(11 pills per pack) so 44 days worth. Just read the label dont waste your money on any other product I have tinkered with my body so much and by far and away if your going to use any one supplement this is essential. :) good luck
Yah..i've heard about that supplement. Supposedly its like top ranked in BB.com.. But I've bought too much stuff on the internet so probably next week i'm going to check the supplement store and see how much the price differs from the net. I hope its like 30 bucks or something... i wouldn't mind buying it. But i got a multivitamin, it's called BioX - Ultimate Once A Day and its just your normal multi vit supplement...loaded with a lot of vitamins/minerals. It was only 21 bucks ...so I don't know what my Animal Pak has what mine doesnt... do you take it? what do you feel like after a week of taking it? and does it just help your overall well-being? or does have more benefits over a regular multi-vitamin

·
Registered
379 Posts
jaymackz said:
Yah..i've heard about that supplement. Supposedly its like top ranked in BB.com.. But I've bought too much stuff on the internet so probably next week i'm going to check the supplement store and see how much the price differs from the net. I hope its like 30 bucks or something... i wouldn't mind buying it. But i got a multivitamin, it's called BioX - Ultimate Once A Day and its just your normal multi vit supplement...loaded with a lot of vitamins/minerals. It was only 21 bucks ...so I don't know what my Animal Pak has what mine doesnt... do you take it? what do you feel like after a week of taking it? and does it just help your overall well-being? or does have more benefits over a regular multi-vitamin
Def grab your bottle of vitamins and then look @ the label compared to animal pack. I took it for two months, then experimented and went off for a week(just this last week) and my energy levels are wayyy out of whack when I am training compared to not(nutrition is same so pretty controlled variables). Try it for a few weeks you can actually feel a difference :). Make sure your nutriton is sound tho, a good starting point for eating would be bill philips book... forgot the name but its excellent! :thumbsup:

Oh and I have asthma and during season changes I always crash and haveto get on 1000 drugs to get my lung function up. And I have yet to even get sick through summer to fall/winter.(first time in almost 19 years! ) :)

·
Banned
0 Posts
kyle1 said:
Def grab your bottle of vitamins and then look @ the label compared to animal pack. I took it for two months, then experimented and went off for a week(just this last week) and my energy levels are wayyy out of whack when I am training compared to not(nutrition is same so pretty controlled variables). Try it for a few weeks you can actually feel a difference :). Make sure your nutriton is sound tho, a good starting point for eating would be bill philips book... forgot the name but its excellent! :thumbsup:

Oh and I have asthma and during season changes I always crash and haveto get on 1000 drugs to get my lung function up. And I have yet to even get sick through summer to fall/winter.(first time in almost 19 years! ) :)
wow...it does sound good....I just got to fix up my diet regime. I keep on forgetting to eat 5-6 SMALL meals instead of 3-4 BIG meals. I also have to stop eating sweets. I don't eat too much...ocassionally I eat something sweet. On top of that, I quit drinking pop and im on my 5th month without drinking any pop. Only Water, Juice, Protein Shakes, Milk, and Natural fruit shakes, and my liquid supplements. Im sorta proud of myself that I quit a lot of things. Drinking, Weed, Pop, and now i'm planning to completely stop eating sweets..and maybe have it on cheat days. Indeed Animal Pak will hopefully make me feel way better :D..especially when im training cause the Vitamin Supplement im taking right now....I really don't see a difference. I feel sort of gloomy/tired in training.. But I cant always blame it on the vit supp im taking...It's also how many hours of sleep i get ..thats the big problem. anyways thx!

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Centrum. *shrug*

nothing too fancy, works fine for a multivitimin

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
i've been taking centrum performance for 3 years now and i love it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ingredients per daily serving of ONE (1) tablet (% Daily Value): Vitamin A 3500 IU (70%) - Vitamin C 120 mg (200%) - Vitamin D 400 IU (100%) - Vitamin E 60 IU (200%) - Vitamin K 25 mcg (31%) - Thiamin 4.5 mg (300%) - Riboflavin 5.1 mg (300%) - Niacin 40 mg (200%) - Vitamin B 6 mg (300%) - Folic Acid 400 mcg (100%) - Vitamin B12 18 mcg (300%) - Biotin 40 mcg (13%) - Pantothenic Acid 10 mg (100%) - Calcium 100 mg (10%) - Iron 18 mg (100%) - Phosphorus 48 mg (5%) - Iodine 150 mcg (100%) - Magnesium 40 mg (10%) - Zinc 15 mg (100%) - Selenium 70 mcg (100%) - Copper 2 mg (100%) - Manganese 4 mg (200%) - Chromium 120 mcg (100%) - Molybdenum 75 mcg (100%) - Chloride 72 mg (2%) - Potassium 80 mg (2%) - Ginseng Root Standardized Extract (N/A) - Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Standardized Extract 60 mg (N/A) - Boron 60 mcg (N/A) - Nickel 5 mcg (N/A) - Silicon 4 mg (N/A) - Tin 10 mcg (N/A) - Vanadium 10 mcg (N/A)

Centrum performance ^^^^^

Animal pack :

Amount Per Serving:

Calories: 16
Total Carbohydrates: 1g
Protein: 3g
Vitamin A: 9900IU
-(as acetate & 66% as beta-carotene)
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid): 1g
Vitamin D (as ergocalciferol): 680IU
Vitamin E: 300IU
-(as d-a-tocopheryl acetate)
Thiamin: 76mg
-(as thiamin HCl)
Riboflavin: 76mg
Niacin (as niacinamide): 82mg
Vitamin B6: 72mg
-(as pyridoxine HCl)
Folic Acid: 400mcg
Vitamin B12: 6mcg
-(as cyanocobalamin)
Biotin: 300mcg
Pantothenic Acid: 76mg
-(as calcium pantothenate) Calcium (as citrate, carbonate): 2g
Phosphorus: 228mg
-(as calcium phosphate)
Iodine (from kelp): 150mcg
Magnesium (as oxide): 133mg
Zinc (as oxide): 30mg
Selenium (as selenite): 50mcg
Copper (as sulfate): 600mcg
Manganese (as sulfate): 11mg
Chromium (as picolinate): 6mcg
Potassium (as sulfate): 200mg

Amino Acid Blend:
Lysine (from lactalbumin): 300mg
Methionine: 500mg
-(from lactalbumin)
Leucine (from lactalbumin): 100mg
Valine (from lactalbumin): 760mg
Threonine (from lactalbumin): 48mg
Glutamic Acid: 700mg
-(from lactalbumin)
Phenylalanine: 560mg
-(from lactalbumin)
Arginine (as L-arginine)

Performance Optimizers:
Siberian Ginseng (root): 2g
Oriental Ginseng (root): 250mg
Smilax officinalis (root): 500mg
Protogen A (as thioctic acid): 200mg
Inosine: 500mg
-(as hypoxanthine riboside)
Pyridoxine a-Ketoglutarate (PAK): 200mg
Carnitine (as L-carnitine): 25mg
Chromium Picolinate: 50mcg
Coenzyme A: 20mg
Coenzyme B12: 10mg
Phosphatidylcholine: 200mg
Para-Aminobenzoic Acid (PABA): 400mg
Colostrum (bovine): 25mg
Argentine Liver (bovinr): 3.9g
Shark Cartilage: 1g
Choline Complex: 1.2g
Bioflavonoids (citrus): 1g

Essential Fatty Acid Complex:
Linoleic Acid: 200mg
Oleic Acid: 100mg

Digestive Enzymes:
Betaine HCl: 200mg
Pepsin: 64mg
Papain: 64mg
Ox Bile (bovine): 120mg
Pancreatin: 700mg
Mycozyme: 64mg

Look at the vast potency differnce, centrum isnt even close to the suggested doses of vitamins c,d etc. You get what you pay for. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
exactly. im very happy with centrum performance as a general multi vitamin. im a university student right now, cant afford to spend a lot of money on what is realistically, a general multi vitamin.

imho a multi vitamin is a multi vitamin unless you wanna spend the extra $ for the "better" stuff.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
jaymackz said:
^ i'm a bit sketchy with the centrum stuff...ITS JUST ME....do you feel any difference with the way you are when you take it? :p
what exactly do you mean, like how do you feel differently on them? i dont really understand your question.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts