Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE WINNER. of chael and silva...thoughts???
:thumb02:

·
Registered
208 Posts
He would never beat Sonnen. Vitor, as much as I like the guy as a fighter and a man, hes a choker. And he will always lose to a grappler.

Hopefully he gets a shot at Anderson, that would be the best match Zuffa can make for him at this point.

·
Banned
820 Posts
It is already pretty much set in stone that Vitor will fight the winner of that bout. Saying that I do not see Vitor beating either one of them. He is more of a name at 185 then anything right now. Yes, he can beat people in the division, but any any tittle aspirations he may have are a bit far-fetched at this poin in his career.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont know about that..people suprise me every day. mma fighters get worse or get better. we will see what happens.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It is already pretty much set in stone that Vitor will fight the winner of that bout. Saying that I do not see Vitor beating either one of them. He is more of a name at 185 then anything right now. Yes, he can beat people in the division, but any any tittle aspirations he may have are a bit far-fetched at this poin in his career.
That's what I thought at first too (especially because Vitor was a name back when I originally watched the UFC [YEARS ago]).

However, Vitor's not really all that old. Also, he destroyed Rich Franklin. The only other person that destroyed Franklin was (oh yeah) Anderson Silva.

·
Banned
7,811 Posts
However, Vitor's not really all that old. Also, he destroyed Rich Franklin. The only other person that destroyed Franklin was (oh yeah) Anderson Silva.
True, but I heard there was another guy too..mhh :confused02: wait.. what was his name again? Ryoto.. something??? No wait it was more like L..Ly.. yea right Lyoto Machida^^ thats how they call him, weird^^

just for the record :thumb02:

·
Registered
232 Posts
True, but I heard there was another guy too..mhh :confused02: wait.. what was his name again? Ryoto.. something??? No wait it was more like L..Ly.. yea right Lyoto Machida^^ thats how they call him, weird^^

didnt someone just mop the floor with the back of his head, what was that guys name, i can't quite recall it.

·
Registered
234 Posts

Basically all Brazilian southpaws lol

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
I really think Vitor Belfort is the most overrated MW in the game right now.... it's getting bad.

·
Registered
287 Posts

I meant since Franklin came into the UFC. As much as I love Franklin, that's about the extent of my knowledge of him. :(

But yeah, Machida ain't a bad fighter himself. :)

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
Vitor is a beast but he is not mentally tough if he can't end the fight early he withers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
vitor needs to fight alan belcher! I know he is next in line for a titleshot, but that fight is at least 6months away, so a fight in the meantime make sense. That fight would clear all doubt that he's the #1 contender(if vitor win), it would also make the titlefight 'bigger' and who doesnt want to see belfort slug it out with belcher.! Maybe on the same card as silva vs sonnen, that would be something!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I could see Belcher beating Vitor if Vitor didn't get the KO in the first minute. Toxic's completely right about Vitor, he's very exciting early but wilts (doesn't gas, just... wilts) if the fight starts going the other guy's way.

IMO Sonnen would beat Vitor 8 times out of 10.

The Anderson v. Vitor fight is just fun because Vitor's so dynamic and dangerous early. Even if Vitor KO'd Anderson I wouldn't rate him on the same level, I can't see Vitor ever racking up multiple title defences like Anderson has. Personally I'd rather see Anderson fight top contenders at LHW.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.